Chapter 41.

Alexa's POV

It was raining this Monday. Rainy days were the days that Cole wasn't surrounded by many people. When he got out of his car, he immediately went to my side of the car and opened it for me. I would've opened it myself if he didn't put on child lock. He held the umbrella over us and we made our way inside school.

"Why'd you put on child lock" I complain

"I wanted to open the door for you like a real gentleman" he says grinning widely. I roll my eyes.

He slings an arm over my shoulders and we walk in the building. The school was so loud. People start to come up to Cole to greet him. I spot Chase nearby. I sneakily escape Cole and head towards Chase. He sees me and immediately smiles.

"Hey Al!! How was the date?" He smirks

"It was amazing." I sum it up. My lips form into a small smile as I remember the events of that night.

"I'm pretty sure that as long as you two are together, whatever you guys do is amazing." He says. I laugh and agree with him. He walks me to my locker and as usual Jess is there. I haven't spoken to Jess since the whole Josh incident. It's not that I don't want to, I just don't have the time. Chase sighs when he sees her.

"Chase. Just forgive her. I did." I say. I can see the longing in his eyes.

"No. She hurt you." He says stubbornly

"Yeah. She hurt ME but if I can forgive her then you can too." I point out

"You've really forgiven her?"

"Yes."

"I guess..."

"I'll be sad if you don't."

"No! I'll give her a chance."

I smile triumphly. He chuckles and rolls his eyes at my childishness

"Admit it." I say. He looks at me with fake confusion

"Admit what?"

"You miss her." I state

"...yeah...I really do." He admits. He looks down sheelishly.

"OTP" I yell. He covers my mouth and playfully glares at me

"The only OTP here is you and..."He trails off. I glare at him and raise my hands in surrender. We laugh and continue making our way to my locker. As we got closer, I noticed Jess was with another girl. She was tall amd had hazel hair. Her eyes were hazel green and her lips were pretty pink. She looked so familiar...

"Hey Jess!!!" I say. Jess spins around and her eyes start to water when she sees me. She runs up to me and hugs me tightly.

"I'm so sorry Alex. I'm so so so sorry for everything." She says. Her vouce was shaky and I knew she was trying not to cry

"Jess...I've forgiven you long ago. Please please don't cry..." I say. She gives me a tight squeeze before letting go.

"I thought you hated me. I haven't seen you in so long. I thought you were avoiding me too."  She says

"I kinda forgot to tell you that it was check up time with Brian." I say sheepishly

"I'm just glad you're not mad at me anymore. I have my two best friends back." She says

"Two?" I ask

"Hey Alex" the girl who was with Jess said

"Uhmm...hi? Who are you?" I ask in confusion

"Allie, it's me. Hailey?" She says

I stare at her and analyze her features once again. I gasp in shock once I finally realized she wasn't lying.