Chapter 56.

Alexa's POV

When I got back that night, I immediately heard the sound of laughter. Everyone was here tonight. I didn't bother walking inside. I walked into the kitchen and saw Mom and Dad cooking so much food.

You're a fat and ugly ass skank. No wonder nobody loves you

Ariana's words were ringing in my head. I tried to block it, and forced a smile on my face.

"Hey Mom! Hi Daddy" I say, giving them kisses on the cheek.

"Hello darling. What are you doig here?don't you wanna hang out with your friends? We can take care of the food darling. Don't worry." Mom says

"Okay...I actually uhm wanted to ask Dad if I could borrow his laptop for a second?" I asked

"Of course! It's in the study room." Dad says

"Thanks Daddy."

I quietly made my way to the study room. I found Dad's laptop, and started searching for cheap apartments nearby. I think it was time I leave now...V said to distance myself and I'm gonna take this as the first step.

I searched and searched, but couldn't find anything. I paused my search when Dad called me down for dinner. I closed the laptop and downstairs with Cola following me. I looked around the table and inwardly sighed when I saw Alyssa seated next to Cole. The only other seat left was between Chase and Dad. I sat down and quietly ate my food while everyone was talking and laughing amongst themselves.

Fat and ugly ass skank.

Fat and ugly ass

Fat and ugly

Fat and

Fat.

I didn't finish my food. I ate half of it, then stood up and put my plate on the sink. I didn't even stay for dessert. I couldn't. I went upstairs and into my room. I searched and searched until I finally found it. My eyes began to water as I realized that I needed this again. It was a sign that happiness doesn't last. I sighed and took my depression medicine. I changed into my pajamas and soon fell asleep.

I woke up pretty early that day. I honestly didn't even want to get up at all. I just wanted to lay here and do nothing. I have no energy to even do anythig. Still, I had to get up and work today. I took and shower andd changed into a huge baggy sweater and a pair of jeans.

I walked downstairs to see Mom and Dad in a serious conversation. When they realized I was there,they smiled sadly.

"Sweetie...you were thinking of moving out?" Mom said sadly. They went straight to the point. I didn't even ask what they were talking about.

"Yeah...I think it's time. I must've overstayed already." I made up a lame ass excuse

"Nonsense!!! You know we love having you here. Now tell me what's the real reason for your leave." Mom said

"Did something happen between you and Cole? I noticed that you two barely hang out together." Dad said

"Y-yeah...He and I are...fading apart. He's replacing me with Alyssa." I say truthfully. No need to lie to the people who have taken me in as their own

"Oh sweetie."

Mom took me in her arms andd gave me a tight hug. Dad soon joined in. We stayed like that for a while. They pulled away and sat me down with them.

"Cole may be our child, but he is in fault right now. We're here to support you, honey." Mom said, taking my hand. I thank them.

"Alex, you don't have to look for a cheap apartment. We can provide for you. Don't go back into living in a ratchet ass house near the bad people." Dad said

"No no no. That's not necessary-"

"We insist. If you are moving out, then we'll help you. If you decline, then you're not moving at all." Dad said

"Okay..." I reluctantly agreed.

"To be honest...we have an apartment nearby. We used to live there before when we didn't want to come home cause of the memories." Dad said

With that, we started discussing about my move. They constantly tried to persuade me to stay, but I refused. I can't stay near him any longer. By the time we finished discussing everything, everyone started coming down. Turns out they all stayed the night.

"Hey Alex!!!" Jess and Hailey say

"Hey sis!!" Chase says after them

"Morning Alexa" Robin greets me too

"Hey Twinny"

"Hey Lex"

I did NOT want to talk to ANY of them. I sucked it up though, not wanting to be rude.

"Morning everyone" I say to them

"I missed you sis!!!" Chase hugs me. I pushed his arms off of me, making him look at me in confusion.

"Alex, You wanna go with us to the water park today?" Jess asks. Oh now they want to hang out with me.

"Uhm I actually have somewhere to go today. Sorry." I say. I was gonna check out the apartment today.

"Oh come onnn. You barely hang out with us anymore" Cole pouts

"Well that's not my fault." I say smiling a fake sweet smile. I grab my stuff and leave that place.

///////////////////////////