Chapter 27.

Alexa's POV

It was really weird coming to school in Cole's car.

Cole refused to let me walk like always. I tried to persuade him but he wouldn't have it. He said that from now on, he'll be taking me to school and back. I wasn't allowed to say no. He said that he wanted to show everyone that we were friends -painful I know-  and that he wasn't embarrassed about it. He was proud to be my friend -ouch- and isn't going to hide it. I was touched and hugged him tightly. It was the sweetest thing anyone has ever said. Many people are embarrassed of being near me. I am an embarrassment. But Cole didn't care about all that and that made me incredibly happy.

So now here I am. In Cole's car. Only approximately 2 minutes left until we reach school. I was nervous. People will think even worse about me. They'll think I'm a slut. Cole's popularity will drop. Mine will become a negative number.

"Lex?"

His voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked up at him and saw him looking at me in worry. I looked around and saw that we were already parked.

"Are you okay?" He asks

"Cole...this isn't a good idea. People will think-" I say but get cut off by gim

"Lex stop. We've discussed this before
Let them say whatever. It WILL NOT affect our friendship in any way. If they don't like us being friends then they can go fuck themselves. I don't care about what they think." He says sternly

"Okay. Okay. I'll stop worrying." I sigh

"That's better!!" He says. He gets out of the car and is immediately swarmd by people, most of them bein girls. I take a deep breath and get out of the car. People don't spare me a glance a they are too busy fawning over Cole. I sneakily escaped and hurriedly walked to school unnoticed. I rushed to my locker where Jess was.

"Hey Mrs. Jessica Hunters." I smirk at her.

"Shut up. 1. Don't use my full name. It's disgusting and 2. Don't call me Hunters." She blushes when she says number 2

"Why? It sounds good. Jessica and Chase Hunters. It sounds perfect" I smirk

"Yeah yeah whatever Mrs. Reynolds" she smirks this time. That shut me up.

"So have you talked to him yet?" I ask her

"No" she sighs

"Dammit Alex...I really like him and it sucks cause he's probably fucking some other girl right now." She says

"I don't think so. Chase wouldn't do that" I say

"How would you know" she says. I purse my lips and stay silent.

"Whatever. Let's just get to class." She says pulling me to class

On my way to the cafeteria for lunch, Jess came over to me.

"Okay what's up" she asks

"What do you mean?" I look at her confused

"You were texting IN CLASS." She says

"So?"

"You never do that!!!" She exclaims

"It's nothing Jess. Now come on, I want food." I say

I grab her arm and drag her to the benches by the soccer field. She looks at me confused but I ignore her and continue texting on my phone.

"Alex...the cafeteria is that way" she points to the opposite way of where we were going.

"Oh shit. Sorry Jess. I'll just get our food and you wait here."

I quickly run away, leaving a confused Jess. I sneak behind the bleachers where Jackson and Harrison are hiding with tons of heart shaped balloons full of helium and two guitars.