(4) Soldier X Reader

--

A story as tribute...

R.I.P Rick May

"Hey, Soldier

"Hey, Soldier."

(Y/n) stepped into her bedroom, immediately eyeing the familiar helmet sitting on the cabinet beside her bed. She walked towards the soft comforter, wanting nothing more than to lie with the man she had been longing to see. She flopped onto the bed, breathing a heavy sigh as she did so.

"Battle was tough today."

The team had worked through blistering heat, leaving each member drenched in sweat once the war had ceased. To weave their way through enemy defences was a chore, though successfully, the team had earned themselves a victory, after (Y/n) secured the Intelligence at their base.

"I capped the Intel, and then we kicked their asses!" She laughed throwing her hands in the air, hearing his snickering play throughout her mind.

As she threw her hands in the air, she noticed the dried blood that stained them, that she had yet to clean off. She rose from the bed, turning to face the man beside her.

"I should probably go shower." She spoke, blowing the man a kiss before disappearing into the bathroom.

(Y/n) returned after a short while; her body now rid of the sweat and blood that had covered every inch of her being. She breathed deeply, a fresh floral scent lingering in her damp hair. Grabbing her hairbrush, softly she combed her hair, humming a sweet tune to herself. She soon stopped, placing her brush on her dressing table.

Once again, (Y/n) found herself lying on her bed, next to her lover. She smiled sweetly at him, earning herself one in return.

"You're always on my mind, you know." She admitted with a giggle, soon adding, "even during battle."

His laugh rang in her ears.

She stared at the framed portrait of herself and her beloved, that sat on her bedside cabinet alongside his treasured helmet. The photo showed the couple together. Her arms were wrapped tightly around him as they hugged; both of them smiling sweetly.

As she eyed the man in the photo, she crawled under the duvet, soon finding herself staring at the ceiling.

"We will see each other soon, right?" She asked, never receiving a reply.

Her eyes became heavy, as she struggled to remain awake.

"I love you, and I miss you." She murmured.

"Goodnight." She whispered, to the man that was not lying beside her.