⭐️ (2) Demoman X Reader

--

Sometimes, all you need is for someone to hold you close...

After weeks of being on a winning streak, the team had suffered a dramatic loss just hours ago

After weeks of being on a winning streak, the team had suffered a dramatic loss just hours ago. Each member dragged their self back to the base, feeling utterly exhausted; but one hurried out of sight with tears brimming their eyes.

Their tragic defeat had been blamed on one team mate; the only female on the team. The girl scurried back to the base with Soldier following in her footsteps. As he trailed behind her, the American spat insults towards her, criticised her battle tactics, and made her feel worthless to the team. With the rage-filled American hot on her heels, the girl was certain she heard the Demoman of her team call her name pitifully. Though she dismissed the Scotsman, and instead headed to her bedroom, where she locked herself away for the evening.

Time was passing by rapidly. The evening was growing darker, and the moon had made an appearance tonight, after countless cloudy nights. Streaks of the porcelain moonlight pierced the darkness of her bedroom, lighting up the space where she sat lonesome on the freezing floor.

She had skipped dinner, instead taking the time to get cleaned up after the gruesome battle. Her wet hair sat on her shoulders, dampening the shirt she wore. Tears she had let fall, painted her cheeks in prominent trails. The puffiness and redness to her eyes only just settled down, though she still sniffled.

With drooping eyes, she lazily gazed at the twinkling stars through the window, silently wishing she could sit atop the roof of the base; if only it was not so cold. Her mind became foggy, filling with thoughts she could not shake away.

Knocking from beyond her bedroom door startled the girl, making her jump in fright. When she never called to the person, light knocking sounded again, though a distinctive voice followed.

"Lass?"

The familiar Scottish accent made her smile weakly. The girl peered over her shoulder, calling out to the man in a hushed voice.

"Come in."

Her attention returned to the stars outside. Soon the faint creaking of the door filled the room. Light flooded in from the hallway as the man stepped inside. The girl pulled her knees towards her chest, putting her arms around her legs, merely hugging herself.

The door slammed shut and the light drained from the room quicker than expected, making the girl squeal. Tavish warily navigated his way throughout the moon-lit room, soon sitting beside her. She never locked eyes with the man, as stinging tears blurred her vision.

"You didn't come to dinner. I figured you were upset." Tavish spoke softly as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

Little, soft sobs escaped her quivering lips, while tears streamed down her face. She silently berated herself for the loss of the battle; she felt a failure to the team.

"Don't blame yourself for the loss. It wasn't your fault." He comforted.

The girl choked out. "But Soldier said so."

The Scotsman fell saddened. In hopes to calm the girl, Tavish pulled her closer to him. She buried her face in his chest, while he put his chin atop her head gently, stroking her arm soothingly all the while. They stayed comfortably in an embrace for some time, until the girl had ceased the tears from falling.

The girl breathed a sigh, feeling weak and defeated.

"You haven't been yourself, lass." Tavish asserted.

The girl sniffed. "You noticed?"

"Of course I did." He spoke, keeping his voice low.

Just a little bit more, she snuggled into the warmth Tavish provided. A heavy, tiring weight of sadness sat on her shoulders, and so she breathed deeply, the feeling greatly overwhelming her being. Tavish kissed the top of her head sweetly, holding her protectively, yet lovingly in his arms.

"Is there something on your mind, love?" Tavish murmured.

Huffing, the girl pondered on an answer for some time. Words could not express the numbness she felt within her heart.

"Well," She began. "There is a lot of things."

She closed her eyes, feeling tiredness hit her like a wave.

"But, what Soldier had said today, that hurt me a lot." She told.

Tavish spoke, his thick Scottish accent lacing every word. "Forget about what he said, lass. He was just pissed that we lost."

"I suppose..."

Silence enveloped the pair while they sat embraced beneath the ice white streaks of the moonlight. Tavish let his fingers run through the girl's hair, being cautious not to pull any knots.

"Can I see your face?" Tavish asked.

Taking a moment to muster up the strength to face him, the girl eventually pulled away from the man, and shyly gazed into his eye. The dim light only just made her features visible.

"Hey, pretty one." Tavish said, smiling as he heard the sweet giggling of the girl sitting before him.

He tucked a stray lock of hair behind her ear, cupping her face gently and placing a chaste kiss to her forehead.

"I love you, lassie."

"I love you too, Tavish." She smiled.

He pulled the girl into another hug.

"I'll be by your side forever. I promise." He spoke.