Ch 45 Tate Pt 3.

A / N: This chapter is slightly shorter, but draws our Tate chapters to a close ... for now.

I do believe that we will be hearing from him again. 

At the end of this chapter there is a time hop, we are going to keep along the same timeline in future chapters :) Looks like things are starting to wrap up, but don't worry, there is still plenty to come before the end .

COMMENT / VOTE / SHARE <- If you love someone else too!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The days are dragging on, I have been barely hanging on. My mood getting darker and darker every day, like the light had been snuffed out of my world. McKenna still refused to help me and yet again any attempt I made to contact Ally has not worked. Tonight, I was trying to push all of it away to focus on the pups in the pack, tonight was for them.

Even though I was trying my hardest to present at the moment, I found I was struggling. I kept having to remind myself and refocus on the pups. I am not sure why it was so hard for me to focus today, something just felt different, exciting, like everything was about to change. It was something I could sense in the air and it was driving me crazy. There was something happening today that went far beyond the season, far beyond the celebrations of the day. I didn't know what it was, but the vibrations from the earth were different.

I was walking the pack grounds, making sure there were no tricksters out tonight. It was Halloween, and one with a full moon to boot. No doubt some of the teens would be more about mischief making then trick or treating. Carved pumpkins lit up the porches, many houses decorated with spider webs and goblins.

I heard a shriek from down the road and a couple of young pups running from someone wearing a gorilla costume. It was an amazing feeling to look around and see how happy everyone was in the pack. The changes we had all been working so hard to finally pay off. The atmosphere was now lighter, as the people were happier now.

The homes were now repaired, or in the process of being repaired. Trash was no longer lining the streets and the smell of urine was no longer lingering in the air. Our lands were revitalized, strumming with life, with happiness. I was proud to say that these were our pack lands.

"Hey Alpha." Someone called from their porch, waving me up. "Please, come join me." I looked over and saw the friendly grandmotherly face of a long-time pack member.

I walked up their walkway, "How are you Mrs. White? "

"Doing well, Alpha. Thank you for asking. Would you like a glass of iced tea?" She asked, although I don't think she would have given me any option as Mrs. White had already poured it and was thrusting the chilled glass into my hand.

I smiled back at her kindness, "Thank you, Mrs. White." I leaned on the railing of the porch taking a sip of my tea, continuing to watch the pups on the street.

"It is a great night isn't it?" She said, I nodded my head in agreement. "Oh look, trick or treaters." There were three pups now coming up her walkway. Pulling herself from her chair she walked over to the steps.

"Trick or treat!" They sang in unison.

"Now what do we have here? Look at how adorable you all are. A ninja, a doctor, and ..." she pretended to have a hard time guessing the last costume, putting a smile on the young pups face, he was probably no more than a few years old. "you must be a puppy?"

"I a wolf!" He said, earning a laugh from the girl dressed as a doctor, I am assuming she was his sister by the way she was holding his hand.

"Yes, you are Thomas. A big wolf, huh!" She cooed at him.