chapter 8

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

I couldn't believe this was happening.

Whatever this was.

I wasn't ready for a kid and I could blame Justin. I really could and believe me I wanted to but it was just as much my fault as it was his. Maybe more. How could I— how could we be so careless; not thinking of the consequences.

I wipe away the tears trickling down my cheeks as I sat in the bathroom. Crying. I'd been doing that a lot lately.

After completely bypassing my desk; I ended up in here occupying the first free stall I could find.

"Naomi, are you alright?" It was Trevor. He had a hint of worry in his voice, but I was fine. I guess I was.

"I'm fine, please just don't come in." I shoo him away. I was a mess and he didn't need to see me like this. It'd only get back to Justin. But he doesn't leave; he simply knocks again—was my voice not convincing enough?

"Just open the door Naomi. I'm not leaving until you do." His voice is stern like Justin's. Justin—what will he think of this? I sigh and slide the lock over on the door. That's when Trevor peers his head around the door his eyebrows furrowed. "Can I ask why you're sitting on the bathroom floor with tears running down your cheeks?" He kneels down.

I poke my bottom lip out. "Would you believe me if I said that I like sitting on bathroom floors with tears running down my cheeks ?" I joke and he lets out a light chuckle.

"No. Now tell me what's wrong." He purses his lips. I want to tell him, but something tells me that if anyone should be the first to know about this baby it should be Justin. So while we sit staring at one another; I think

"Women problems" I state which isn't a complete lie. Being pregnant was in fact a woman problem. But he absolutely didn't have to know that. I smile crookedly as I try to read his facial expression which tell me he doesn't believe me though he smiles anyway and helps me off the ground. I dust off my skirt and pick up my bag.

"All good now?" I nod and we head back out.

"You know I'm going to find a way to make you tell me the truth. But as for now I'll leave it alone for now." So blunt. I nod and we head back out with the rest of civilization to me desk

On my break I head out to go and get my presciption filled for the prenatals. I had been dreading going to get them because that only made this all the more real which only made me feel worse.

"Naomi I need you to make copies of these papers for me and file the original." Trevor says laying a stack of papers on my desk. I heave an exasperated sigh and I see the corner of Trevor's lips curl up and that's when I know he's diliberately done this because I won't tell him the real reason that I was crying, but he's gone before I even get a chance to say something smart.

:::

When work is over I head out the double doors of the building to find Justin standing outside the big black SUV with a smile spread from ear to ear and it makes me melt knowing I'm the reason for it. He made me feel things I never knew I could feel.

"I've missed you." He says pulling me into his embrace bringing his lips to mine. I melt more. After nearly a minute we pull away, lips swollen and we're both short of breath.

"I could get used to this." I murmur with a smile.

"So could I." He smiles. Opening the door the SUV I slide in and he follows. When we're in I scoot closer to him because right now I want to be by his side; as I know things were going to change soon, but I don't dwell on those thoughts; that'd just ruin my good mood.

"Where are we going?" I ask when I look out the window and realize I have no clue where we are "My place.. well my new place. I decided to let Barbara have our place we shared. It was the least I could do." He shrugs and I smile but it doesn't reach my eyes. It was nice of him, but it's not like they had gotten married and for some unknown reason I feel a pang of jealousy hit me in the gut.

Twenty minutes later we're walking through double doors and right before we get to the elevators Justin says, "Close your eyes." I scrunch up my nose in confusion.

"Just trust me." And I quickly oblige. He puts his hand on the small of my back and leads me into what I know to be the elevator. I feel us go up the elevator not stopping until about thirty seconds later when I hear that familiar ping I know we're now off and he's leading me down some stairs. About a a minute later, we've come to a stop.

A small smile creeps up on my lips

"Keep your eyes closed." He says.

That's when I hear things opening and my smile fades.

"Okay now open your eyes." I can actually hear him smile. I open one eye first and then my other. I spin in a complete circle. In complete awe of where we were.

I follow Justin's gaze and there pulled out are a bunch of empty drawers. "For you," he says, "And there's also the closet; it's pretty big if you ask me. Actually the entire place is pretty spacious—too much for just me." He smiles lopsidedly then sighs heavily.

"What I'm trying to say is I want you to move in...with me."

TWO MONTHS LATER
WRITERS BLOCK