chapter 12

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

I stretch from under the duvet; making sure not to hit Justin in the process. I turn over to my side bringing my hand up to rest my head on it so I was comfortably facing Justin who was fast asleep. I don't do anything. I just stare.

He's beautiful and he's mine.

His plump lips. Lips that I had a sudden urge to kiss. His tattoos that he hid so well under his expensive suits. I place my hand on his chest letting it rise then fall as he breathes. Up, down, up, down; then I start to trace the cross tattoo inked across his chest; still careful not to wake him.

Just as I was getting to the right side of the cross his hand comes up dead out of his sleep and grabs ahold of my wrist, "And what exactly do you think you're doing Ms. Parker?" A trace of a smirk etching on his lips.

"Nothing." I feign innocence

"Oh I think you're a little liar Ms. Parker." He smiles widely and then rolls over on top of me; my wrist still in his hold. He peers down at me while I peer up at him. Brown to hazel; hazel to brown. His gaze full of desire.

"I love you Naomi Parker and believe me when I say that I am going to marry you." And I know he hears it because I hear it myself. My breath hitches. Did he really mean that or worse?

My face visibly shows my confusion on the entire statement. I break our eye contact by looking down.

"Hey," he says titling my chin back up, "I know what you're thinking." He licks his lips; continuing "If I'm going to marry you it's because I want to; not because I feel like I have to." He says answering my unspoken question.

"And if there's one thing I know from the outside looking in; is we need to work out our issues before we do anything along the lines of marriage; that's a big step and I want us to be ready; I want to be with you for as long as I can have you. And we've got, say about nine months for us to get our shit together." He means before the baby. I smile as words echo I want to be with you for as long as I can have you.

"I love you too, more than you know." I confess.

:::

"I was thinking that you could meet my parents at the gala tonight. They're in town." Justin says nonchalantly as we sit across from one another at the island in our kitchen. Meet his parents? Up until now, I almost thought he didn't have any because well up until now he has never mentioned them. Did they know about me or has he told them just as much about me as he's told me about them? I scoff mentally and conclude that I couldn't do it; I won't do it. "I don't think so." I sneer. He had to be shitting me.

He cuts off and takes another bite of his omelet before he finally answers, "Can I ask why not?" His mouth is full

"Justin do you know how... awkward that's going to be. I don't know anything about them. Like they're names or how long they've been married! And that's just the basics! I just can't"

"Pattie and Jeremy and they are divorced." He says flatly as if I were supposed to know. "See that's something I would know if you talked about them to me more often..or at all."

"I'm sorry," he runs a hand through his hair, "I thought I'd told you about them, but I guess that was—"

"Barbara." I cut in and suddenly without notice the tension in the room is thick, so thick it could smother you. I could be mad that he hadn't thought to share that part of his life with me and I could even be livid that he confused sharing that part of his world with Barbara with me, but there was no use. Where would that get us?

"It's fine. We've been moving so fast that I think both of us forget its only been a few months." I rise from my seat rounding the island, "You and Barbara were together long before I was in the picture and you shared things together, moments together. You don't have to be sorry."

Saying that aloud was like a revelation and lifted a weight I didn't even know was there off my shoulders; it felt like a step in the right direction. Justin said we had a lot of issues and I guess our biggest issue was Barbara, after the bathroom incident–which he was still in the dark about–and him leaving her for me we hadn't talked much about her. She was a thing in the past for us, someone to never be brought up again; non existent in our world.

I sigh and gape at him like a wide eyed child.

Before I know it Justin's pulled me into his body closing the space between us kissing me deeply on the lips. I wrap my arms around his neck leaning completely into his hold. His tongue is next and it enters my mouth. Exploring it thoroughly while I running my hands through his hair making it messier than it already is. When we pull away our kiss continues to linger. Making this hands down the most intense kiss I'd ever experienced and I know I'd do anything to feel that intensity again.

"Wow," Justin breathes; his voice husky.

"The things you do to me Naomi."

"I could say the same thing." I'm breathless still reeling from it

:::

I put in my last earring and stare at myself in the mirror. I was wearing an expensive scratch that extremely expensive seaweed green Calvin Klein dress exposing my sides that Justin bought me; accompanied by even more expensive heels and diamond studs that could probably pay off my student loans. I then turn to my side and my eyes fall to my stomach; I run my hand over it not even beginning to imagine how much time left I had until I started showing. I didn't know how I was going to break this anyone.

"Wow, my girlfriend looks hot." Justin teases as he strides up behind me; wrapping his arms around my torso. He was in a Balmain Dragon Blazer suit and even though I couldn't put my finger on it something about him looked different?

"What were you doing?"

"Thinking about how big I'm going to get. When the baby starts growing" I say flatly. I really wasn't ready

"You're going to be beautiful. Glowing and beautiful." He spins me around and dives in lips first kissing me fervently. I knew the tingling and butterflies that accompanied a kiss like this only happened when you loved someone so much. I was in deep but I'd rather drown than swim if it meant that I would always feel this way about Justin.

"Are you ready?" Justin questions as he squeezes my thigh. I nod knowing if I said anything it probably would have been the truth.

We were practically about to tell the world about a relationship we spent so long hiding and I was about to meet his parents!!

When we exit the car I'm instantly blinded by the flashing lights. I stumble back but Justin puts his hand on the small of my back and leads the way. Along the way I hear whispers and chattering, but I couldn't exactly make out what they were saying though I could take a wild guess. It all makes me want to turn and run away.