chapter 17

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

When consciousness starts to fade back in I instantly know where I am—the hospital. I look over next to the bed and Justin's there with a magazine in his hand. He isn't reading it; his mind is elsewhere

"Justin." I call out and it's light but within seconds he's at my side

"Baby." He pulls me into his muscular arms

"How are you? Are you still hurting?" I shake my head. All of that excruciating pain I'd experienced back at home was gone bringing me to my next thought–was the baby alright.

"The baby." My voice is panicked "Is the baby alright?"

"I ugh–I don't know the doctor hasn't talked to any of us. I guess he's still running test." His voice cracks.

"I've been thinking nothing but the worst. I feel like shit with the way my thoughts are headed." He professes.

"Don't be."

"Well look who's up." Both Justin and I rear our heads to the door and it's the doctor. Panic comes flooding back.

"Please tell us you have some good news."

"Good news and bad news. The good news being the baby is fine now. Bad news is all the pain you felt was brought on by stress and the baby was reacting to it. You're still in the early stages this is the time to be extra cautious. So I suggest you try staying stress free. Doing things that don't require much at all. This happens more than you think, but things could have been much worse Ms. Parker."

"Thanks doctor." I murmur.

"Do you know when she'll be released?"

"I'd say some time tomorrow at the latest? We still have more tests to run. Scares like this really take a toll on the body and the baby so we have to make sure everything's going good and the baby's healthy because that's what really matters."

"I understand." Justin murmurs and with that the doctor exits the room. Leaving us alone.

It'd been a few hours since the doctor had told us stress was the issue; the irony of the news being it only made me stress more. I was hurting the baby. They weren't even here and I was already being a terrible mother

All of those thoughts were subsided twenty minutes later when everyone from dinner. Mom, Logan, Jeremy and even Pattie all huddled in the room crowding around me. Apologies flying; they thought it was their faults, but I knew better. It was all mine. I couldn't have something like this on their conscious.

They stayed up until the nurse came in to kick them out. Justin was still here though, he refused to leave my side.

"What are you thinking about?" Justin questions. He sits on the edge of my hospital bed brushing my hair behind my ear. His touch being everything I needed.

"How selfish I've been. I've had so much going on and I hadn't even thought how it could affect the baby. I would never forgive myself if anything happened Justin." My voice cracks and a single tear rolls down my cheek. He wipes it away with his thumb.