chapter 15

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

I put on my red blazer throwing my hair over my shoulders and stare in the mirror inspecting myself—something I'd been doing a lot lately. To anyone else I'd still look like myself but I could see the changes taking place and I knew I would definitely need new clothes soon. Other than that I was ready for work and honestly after how overwhelming my weekend had been I needed this.

The day after the gala was so hectic. There were so many articles and paparazzi. Overnight it had all become too much for me. I was a nobody pregnant by a somebody. Surely Justin knew what he was doing when he announced my pregnancy without my consent? Since then they'd kept nothing but close eyes on the both of us.

It was horrifying.

And that only resulted in us being cooped up in the house with only the company of one another for the rest of the weekend. And though we had a great time; that had to end because if there was one thing I despised it was being deprived of the fresh New York air and its busy streets to keep me at least a little sane.

"Where do you think you're going?" Justin snaps me out of my thoughts as he strides up behind me and swivels my body around to face him.

"To work, shouldn't you be getting ready too?" I retort.

"Work?" He says as if it's something otherworldly. I nod.

"I thought we could spend the day together. I could finally take you out as in outside. We could go shopping, to lunch and you can go back to work some other time"

I smile and chuckle lowly, "I have to get to work, I've already missed so many days." I state matter-of-factly.

Meanwhile my mind scrambled all over the place hoping that Justin wasn't implying what I thought he was because I'd seen it time and time again living in New York with these entitled moguls wanting their wives, girlfriends or whatever to stay inside all day waiting for them to come home after a long day of making their millions, but I wasn't raised that way. I've worked my entire life.

"I'm not saying you can't go back to work Naomi, God I'm not that domineering." he rolls his eyes. I scoff

"But I haven't had my fill of you yet and I was thinking we could spend more time together." He pulls me closer to his chest; his body heat radiating onto me as he brushes his lips up against my skin which instantaneously sends chills up my spine. I was like silly putty in his hands.

But I shake it off and laugh nervously. "Haven't had your fill of me yet? Justin we live together and if that's not enough I'm pregnant with your child so I'd say you most definitely have had your fill of me. But that's beside the point, I need space–plus no one and I mean no one ever became a writer sitting on their ass all day."

"So you want space?" Is that all he heard? God, talk about selective hearing. I sigh heavily almost ready to give up on this conversation and walk out the door to work. He loosens his grip around me and slowly stalks backwards, but only a few steps. "You know I didn't mean it like that Justin. We've spent so much time together over these few weeks and it's been amazing. The sex, the parties I probably would never attend without you, the sex," I reiterate and he smirks, "but now it's time I get back to work. You can do these kinds of things. I however, cannot."