chapter 13

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

Once we've entered the gala I instantly take in the decor as Justin leads me through the thong of people that crowded the banquet hall. As we squeeze our way through I have to tighten my grip on Justin so I don't get lost; he simply looks back at me and smiles. I didn't know how he did this; it'd make me too claustrophobic.

When we stop I notice that we're at the bar. I look back continuing to scan the place as Justin asks for a Vodka on the rocks and a Sparkling Water.

"Justin sweetie is that you?" A high pitched voice chimes in over the soft music playing in the background. Justin and I both rear our heads behind us and my eyes are met with an obvious older woman with brunette hair. She clearly knew him well. Then it dawns on me, this was his mother. It just had to be; the resemblance was uncanny.

I look up at him and he mouths my mother, making my guess correct. He puts his hand on the small of my back and we usher over to meet her half way so she wouldn't have to push her way through the entire crowd.

"Mom," he smiles lovingly pulling her into his embrace. When they pull away I feel her gaze on me and suddenly I know where Justin got that from. I get the urge to roll my eyes at the thought, but I didn't want her to think it was directed towards her. "Mrs. Bieber, I'm Naomi it's nice to finally meet you" I greet and our tight little triangle smack dab in the middle of the floor goes quiet. I look over at Justin and I can see him stifling a laugh. What? "Naomi baby, my mothers last name is Mallette."

Oh.

"I'm so sorry." I murmur.

Does he know not if he'd talked to me more about his family. Or if we talked at all about anything I would know these things

"It's fine." Justin reassures pulling me into his side. His hand finding its way back to the small of my back.

"Mom this is Naomi. I don't think I've formerly introduced you two."

"Naomi? What happened to Barbara?" Ouch! I don't even look at Justin, I knew what he was going to say so instead I simply stare at my hands trying to avoid both their gaze.

"Mom," Justin admonishes.

"No offense." She says with a small smirk. The smirk says what she doesn't; she didn't like me and she didn't care if Justin knew it, but I couldn't let this affect me. I smile lopsidedly.

"None taken." I retort hoping for it to come out sounding confident and unaffected, but á las it didn't. She could tell and I'm sure Justin could tell too. I wanted to run and hide.

"Mr. Bieber your drinks are ready." The bartender calls across the room. Justin kisses his mother on the cheek; whispers something in her ear and we walk back over to the bar, "Would you like to sit here or would you prefer to sit at our table that cost me a couple grand?" Smart ass; he smirks, but I'm not amused. His mother had me all twisted up and I'd only just met her not even five minutes ago

"Sounds like you've got your mind made up." I sneer before grabbing my Sparkling Water and brushing past him making my way through the crowd leaving him behind. I didn't know where the table was or where I was going, but out of the blue I was feeling overwhelmed