chapter 2

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

"Oh really? Tell me more." I smirk and that's when I notice his eyes have darkened and I'm instantly pulled in as if we were magnets. "Well the taste is delectable. Absolutely exquisite if I must say so myself. Trust me when I tell you I could eat it all day."

My breath hitches and I feel myself getting heated between the legs but I quickly shut them to try and contain the throbbing aches. I had to play hard to get; he'd barely said a mouthful to me and I was wet.

"Don't you think the same old thing can get a bit.. tiring?" I ask. Shit. Why did I say that? He let's out an exasperated sigh and his gaze softens. I bite my lip "It can." He simply proclaims. I can practically feel my stomach drop. What is he saying?

Is he telling me that there's no more us?

I didn't want to hear this. I couldn't and so I tried to distract myself. I try putting all my focus on anything but him, but it doesn't work.

"Naomi, I want to leave Barbara." My breathing hitches.

Was I hearing things? I had to be

"Why?" The question just escapes between my lips

"I've just been thinking, and I decided that I don't love her as much as I used to anymore. I don't want to be with her." He explains.

He's leaving her! God I hoped this wasn't my fault? But of course it was. Who else's would it be? Shit. Fuck. Shit!

"Wait, what happened? Did something change?" I ask. He looks down and scratches his neck.

"I just don't want her anymore. I want you." I feel my body freeze.

"Justin! No, I can't let you do that. I can't let you leave her for me. You asked her to marry you for heaven sakes!" I state, shaking my head as I talk. I have my hands up, symbolizing that I want no part in this at all. I let this get too far. What would my mother say. I should have known better. My father left her for someone else.

Suddenly, I feel a tear stroll down my cheek.

"There was just so much pressure on me to ask so I did mainly to appease everyone else, but—" I cut him off.

"Justin, listen! I know what this feels like. My father let someone get in between him and his marriage and nothing was ever the same. I don't even talk to my father. I don't want that ok. Please. Just stop!" I say. He shakes his head.

"Naomi, this isn't your decision. Besides that situation—your fathers situation is much different than mine and Barbara's. We never made it to the altar and we have no children keeping us together. I'm still thinking, but it's looking like I will be calling off the wedding."

"Please. You can't. I know it's not my decision, but it is my decision to put a stop to this. If you leave her, you lose me too." I state firmly realizing I'd made no sense, but by now, tears were streaming down my cheeks.

God I felt like such a child.

His eyes grow wide. Wider than I've ever seen. "You're not serious?" Disbelief laced in his tone.

"Yes, I am. You have to dwell on this longer. I don't want to be a homewrecker Justin. I really don't." He shakes his head.

"What about Barbara, huh? This isn't fair to her. You think it's bad for me to leave her, but it's alright for me to keep leading her on stringing her along—cheating on her? What kind of logic is that?" He questions, his voice slightly raising with each word. I know now that we definitely have an audience and if I know anything about Justin, it's that he is pissed. He hated putting his business out there well the little business he could hide from the media.

I'm sure he expected this lunch to be quiet, intimate even. That he'd tell me and I'd be happy, but that just wasn't the case. "I understand your point and I admit none of this makes sense. So maybe we should just end this–" He cuts me off now. Horror plastered all over his face.

"No! No, you'll leave me either way? You can't!" He shouts. He's being very loud now. I look around, embarrassed from his outburst.

"Justin..." I beg trying to calm down him down.

"No Naomi. Just–just give us a try. Honestly what have you got to lose?" He questions, his voice bold and projected

"Oh, I don't know, my morals!" I shout.

"You lost your morals once you laid in a bed with me." He states. Motherfu–No he didn't! I quickly rise from the booth taking a glass of water throwing it at his face. How could he? Goodness this wasn't how I invisioned lunch when he asked to join "Goodbye! I'm ending this now!" I say, as I quickly walk towards the restaurant door. Before I leave, I catch a glimpse of his shocked expression.

He can't believe I just did that. Who am I kidding, I can't believe I just did that. But it was all for the best. It was an unhealthy relationship.

And I'm glad it's over!