chapter 22

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

"Naomi wake up." I feel a hand pushing my body from side to side. "Five more minutes." I say unconsciously.

"Get your ass up Naomi!" This time it's louder. When my eyes finally flutter open Logan is standing above me. She has a look on her face but I can't decipher what it's about.

"What's going on?" I rub my eyes.

"Just follow me." She pivots on her heel swinging her hips and long locks exiting the room. I sigh heavily as I throw my legs over the edge of the bed. I glance at my ankles just as I'm about to hop off and groan at how swollen they are.

Not how I wanted to start my morning..

Entering the foyer my mouth falls open. "So anything you want to tell me? Like do you have some sort of secret admirer?" Logan questions. Secret admirer? No, but I had the slightest clue who all of this was from.

"No." I giggle. "Did they say who this was from?"

"No, you got a letter with it though, but I didn't open it so don't worry. Your hormones have been off the radar lately and I didn't want you to hurt me." She smiles jokingly but I knew she was probably serious. Was I that bad? When she hands me the letter I rip it open like a kid opening presents on Christmas and read it aloud.

Naomi,

I do hope you love the flowers. I know they're your favorite. I thought all last night and you were right I never think about what you want and to be honest I've never thought about what anyone wants. Being an only child and I have always gotten what I wanted. But right now, I only want one thing; one person and that's you. I know that I have to make a change. I have to respect you and treat you how you should be treated. So these dozens and dozens of flowers are just a starting point of me proving myself and saying I'm sorry.

I love you more than you know,
Justin

I suck in the air my eyes prick with tears. God he was really gonna try. I look up from the letter and Logan has a look of confusion on her face. Oh right I haven't had a chance to tell her about my lunch with Justin or the baby's sex. I hand her the note and she skims through it.

"They're from him, so when did this happen?"

"Yesterday. We talked, we argued, talked some more and just decided to work things out." I shrug and walk over to the island taking a seat at the closest bar stool.

"Naomi why? That bastard has done nothing and I mean nothing, but bullshit through whatever relationship you used to have and then left you alone and pregnant. I know your self-esteem may be low but-" I stop her right there.

"My self-esteem is not low. You wouldn't understand our relationship."

"I wouldn't want to it's so fucked up. You said yourself he has said shitty things to you. For example the night he left he pretty much told you that you ruined his relationship with Barbara."

"I don't think he meant it like that..." I defend.

"Then how did he mean it Naomi?" She doesn't give me time to answer before opening her mouth once again.