chapter 6

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

One day goes by. No call from Justin.
Two days go by. No call from Justin.

When a week goes by I figure that it's time to give up.

I had no idea what I was expecting from him, except to maybe hear the sound of his voice.

Even if he was pissed I should have just stood my ground. I quit and that should have been the end of it, but I couldn't just let him go.

Was that pathetic?

According to Logan it was. So pathetic it drove her to go stay with one of her old friends. She didn't exactly say that, but again she didn't have to; it was one of those things you kind of just knew.

"Earth. To. Naomi." Trevor says as he waves his hand in front of my face. I push my thoughts and his hand to the side so that I could actually do some work. It'd be the first time all day

"What's up?" I smile lopsidedly at him. He sits on the edge of my desk and smiles down at me.

"You were thinking about him again when you should have been working. Weren't you?" He knows the answer. He knows that I know he knows the answer and yet he still wanted me to answer him. I heave a heavy sigh.

"I'm sorry." I look down. I tap my pen against the desk.

"Why don't you just talk to him? One of you has to be the bigger person and stop being stubborn little children." If only things were that simple. If only Trevor knew why I quit or what I had said to Justin when I quit. He was never going to speak to me again; which would've been fine if I didn't miss him so damn much.

"Why do you want us to get back together so bad?"

"It's not that I want you guys to get back together so bad. It's just this past week hanging out with Justin for drinks has been hell. He doesn't look happy at all and you," He puts emphasis on you. What is he trying to say? "You don't do your work. I hired you not only because you're my friend, but because Justin also raved about your skills and you've yet to show me those skills." I frown and he pushes hair out of my face. He tilts my chin upward.

"You are pretty great at moping though." He adds trying to lighten the mood. I smile, but I don't show any teeth.

He was right. I needed to do actual work "I'll try, but just so you know if I do and it turns out to be all for nothing. I will probably kick your ass." I say and get back to work.

"Wouldn't have it any other way" he smirks 

:::

I'm walking down the sidewalk coming back from getting mine and Trevor's lunch when I spot Justin standing outside of a restaurant with a blonde haired girl. At first I have to do a double take, but it was definitely him, he was definitely with her and she looked about my age. Gorgeous. Petite frame. Tall, but not taller than Justin.

He'd already moved on...

I stand across the street from them as they exchange words. Their lips moving but reading lips isn't my forte. Justin then yells for a Taxi and one pulls up not even a second later. He opens the door for her and just as she's about to step in; she turns back to face him and he kisses her on the cheek.