chapter 28

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

"Are you sure you don't want me to help Justin? I'm not completely incapable of helping." Justin was being stubborn again. Refusing to let me help plan my own wedding. I'd figured it was too much for him to handle with already so much on his plate and only a day to get it all done.

"I've got it Naomi. Just—just get some rest."

"Why won't you let me help?" My voice cracks. I'm almost offended. I'd told him before I was pregnant, but I could still help.

"I just want you well rested. I've got this. Don't worry." An easy smiles begins to play on his lips and that's when he strides over to the bed where I'm sitting.

"You trust me don't you?" Did I? Yes, with everything in me; there was no doubt about that, but I still wanted to help.

"I do. I just think it's too much to take on all by yourself. You've got work and then you're doing this. I just feel like I should be doing something." I sigh.

I really felt useless. He scoots closer to me pushing my hair behind my ear and smiles—every tooth in his mouth on full display.

"You are doing something—marrying me. That's all I want from you Naomi, I told you I've never been sure of something so much and it's because I haven't. Not even with my business but this—this I'm sure of." Either it's my hormones or it was his way with words, but tears prick. He brought out the best and the worst in me and I'm sure the feeling was mutual.

"I hate you." I smile as tears trickle down my cheeks.

"Can I ask why?" he gives me a small smile

"Look, you made me cry." I push myself up and scoot into his arms. He wraps his them around me as if he never wanted to let go and truth be told—I didn't want him to. "Don't worry they're happy tears because when I'm with you I'm the happiest I've ever been." I smile and he cups my chin; bringing our lips together.

"Who knew you could kiss like that." I tease.

"You'll find out a lot of things once we're married." He smirks.

"Mhmmm." I hum "Well in the mean time what I'd really like to find out is what's going on with this wedding—our wedding. You aren't telling me much of anything. It's like some big secret and then what about our honeymoon? I really don't like being in the dark Justin."

"I'm handling it and I was thinking we could go on our honeymoon after the baby is born."

"That's just not a good idea. After the baby is born things are going to be crazier than they are right now. I can't just up and leave her" Did he really expect me to leave my baby—our baby alone with someone else after I'd just had her?

"Well we can take her..."

I don't say anything and neither does he. We both knew it. We knew that a honeymoon was out of the question. He finally opens his mouth to say something as I continue to sit quietly in his arms. "We don't have to go on a honeymoon. That's not what's important to me. As long as I've got you and the baby. That's all I need. That is all I want." And he brings our lips together once again.

:::

"Oh Lena, I don't think I can do this. I'm freaking out and then I'm freaking out because I know that I shouldn't be freaking out because it's not good for the baby. Tell Justin I can't do this." I was on edge and damn near close to tears. I'd been a nervous wreck all morning but right now I was at my peak. Maybe if my mom and Logan were here to help me get through this...