chapter 21

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

"Good because I'm taking you out for lunch. We need to talk."

I was baffled. I couldn't believe Justin was asking me out to lunch. Especially considering how much time he had dedicated to avoiding me, but I couldn't really complain, could I? This was what I wanted. I wanted to be with him. However, I was anything, but prepared. Nothing ever turned out the way we wanted.

When we step out onto the sidewalk Vladd is outside with the door open waiting for us.

"After you." Justin says signifying I slide in first. As soon as I'm in he's already sliding in next to me. By the time Justin has slammed the door shut Vladd has rounded the car and was buckling his seatbelt.

"Shouldn't you tell him I'm not going home?"

"He knows where we're going."

Oh.

The car ride there is silent.

Justin scared me I didn't know how he'd be feeling right now and if he was saving conversation for lunch. I just hoped that we could get past this and be in love again.

:::

"Bieber." He says to the person at the front desk of the restaurant. "Right this way." She leads us towards the back and but of course Justin had to get a back table. He wouldn't be himself if he didn't. We take our seats sliding inside the booth when we're in the back.

"Can I get you any drinks to start off?"

"A vodka on the rocks and she'll have a water." When she walks away I roll my eyes. He was just as insufferable as Logan. "I don't only have to drink water. I wanted tea..."

He glances up from his menu to look at me. "Feel free to get anything you want." He disregards what I'd just said.

"If you're going to act like this Justin I'm going to leave. I really don't need this, not now."

"Fine Naomi. Do you want tea let me just go up and tell them you want tea." Patronizing asshole.

"No I'm just saying you could have asked me. I just want you to consider what I want for once."

He sighs, "While we're on the subject of what you want. What exactly is it that you want Naomi?"

You.

It was true no matter how he treated me I wanted him and only him. In the deep deep part of me that held my common sense I knew I was stupid, but love is blind.

"I don't know."

"You don't know?" He rubs his chin and purses his lips as if what I'd just said wasn't what he expected or wanted to hear.

"What do you want?" I question taking the initiative to see where his head was at. I just wanted us in the same head space so that we could finally work this out.

I didn't like being without him.

"I want—" he pauses, "I don't know."