Chapter Twenty - one

Jonathan watched Cora as she stirred awake.

She kicked her limbs like a baby, stretching them like a lazy cat and Jonathan silently chuckled at her adorable feet clad in bright yellow socks. An innocent look yet a sinful nature. His mismatched eyes watched through narrow slits of his mask her eyes gradually blinking open then darted around the room before lazily shutting again .

He knew the woman was tired but she was also getting lazy. Cora had slept for twelve hours straight.

Jonathan sighed and stared at his wrist watch, debating whether to wake her from her slumber.

It was eight o'clock.

" Five more minutes, " he muttered and continued to stare at her face.

It appeared quite creepy that he sat at a corner keeping an eye on her throughout the night then briefly left at dawn to freshen up. It was tiresome but the worry within him made him bear it all. Cora was in pain and Jonathan would never forgive himself if she blindly and brutally hurt herself following the mirror incident.

He watched as her eyes fluttered open again then she yawned, sitting up in bed. She rubbed her eyes like a child and Jonathan chuckled again. Watching her proved to be quite an amusing task.

" Took you long ...enough ," he rasped.

Cora slightly jumped and her frightened eyes stared at him.

" You scared me ! "

" I did , didn't I ? "

She shook her head, some of her curls getting into her face, " You don't make any sense. "

Jonathan tapped his walking cane on the carpeted floor before rising and walking to her bed .

" Twelve hours, "

" What ? "

" You slept , "

" Oh ! I was tired , " she answered nonchalantly and started to leave the bed.

Jonathan quietly observed she had grown stronger. Despite her slow movements, she was at least at ease compared to the past days. Jonathan cursed , he would miss bathing her lush body. Jonathan noticed her staring at him. Her eyes roamed on masked face then his built chest then she bit her lip. Cora had forgetten she was blatantly checking him out.

" Get dressed, " he ordered a suddenly confused Cora staring wide eyed at him from the bathroom door.

" Not bathing me today ," she said but gasped as she realized what she had just blurted out and Jonathan almost roared in laughter because of her expression.

" Sorry ! I mean, I was , I think I'm better. I'll just head in ," she rambled on not noticing Jonathan already approaching her.

" Do you want ...me to ? "

" No ! I meant , I feel strong and I can shower actually, " her eyes refused to leave his chest.

He did not need a genius to figure out she was suddenly shy.

Jonathan smirked at her, " You enjoy it...as much as...I do. "

" No , I actually meant that - "

" Cora ? " He called her.

She stared at him.

" I seriously suggest...you put heavy ...thoughts into your...actions, " he grabbed her slender neck, " else I'll not...be held responsible...for whatever happens...next. "

He released her and immediately left.

********

Jonathan watched Cora slowly descend the stairs. He wanted to help but again she looked so cute on wobbly legs while grabbing the rail for support. After all, if she needed help all she had to do was to call out for him and he would be more than happy to oblige.