Chapter seventeen.

It was revenge.

Revenge was the only logical reason that had Jonathan justifying his next course of action.

It was a sick kind of excitement whenever he thought of seeing those adorable big eyes again. He was also at the same time pained with the confession that she was sent for his blood and for that reason , he craved revenge .

“ She'll pay, ” he rasped .

Jonathan looked at his  masked face that contrasted uniquely with the sky blue suit he wore.

On any other man , the color would have reduced them to clowns but Jonathan was a man of his own style and like his own name , anything blue fitted him perfectly.

“ Excited , aren't we ? ” Lan's voice interrupted his thoughts.

“ Perhaps , ”

“ C'mon , I know you Blue , ”

He glared at the man , “ She hurt me , ”

“ Listen - ”

“ Killed my men  , ”

“ Jonathan - ”

“ Stole my budget , ”

“ You need to listen to me - ”

“ Was to kill...me , ”

“  The bottom line is that she didn't , ”

“ Doesn't matter , ”

“ Revenge isn't going to fix this and you know it. You two need a good long talk and I mean real talking not what your crazy look is suggesting, ”

Jonathan narrowed his gaze at the man, “ You know she's ... a wanted assassin , right ? ”

“ So ? ”

“ You're talking like...she left over ...cheap cheating scandals...and not murder , ”

“ So what do you intend to do ? Shoot her dead ? ”

“ No fun , ”

“ What then ? ”

“ I'll keep her ... alive but I'll ...have my revenge, ”

“ Please give her a chance . Maybe she actually had a reason , ”

“  Funny , ”

“ The bottom line is , she didn't kill you , ”

“ Always her defender , ” Jonathan adjusted his tie , “ Perhaps I could ... ask her to ... shoot you to ... see if you'd...say the same... nonsense you're shamelessly...speaking now. ”

“ Blue , she didn't kill you , ”

“ Indeed , ”

“ I mean - ”

“ You talked me ... into saving her. What I now do...is entirely up ...to me , ” Jonathan rasped angrily.

Lan quietly slipped away.

No one told Jonathan Blue what to do and in most cases he would do the opposite just to irk the individual. Lan would regularly get away with it because he considered their brotherly relationship but the man had been overstepping boundaries lately and he was bound to lose it.

He brushed an invisible layer of dust from his shoulder and with the aid of his walking golden  cane , he casually strode out of his house , too casual for a man going to get back a wanted assassin that could easily be a cause for violence, but Jonathan was powerful, he could as well walk to the venue with flip flops if he liked : with five cars each filled with armed men , he had nothing to worry about. All he hoped for was that the Goatee guy as Lan had called him did not lure him into a trap . He was not ready for more unnecessarily deaths.