Chapter Twenty five

Jonathan had him where he wanted him.

He needed The Don as an important ally, not that he could not solitarily take out Mr. Yong using his men, but combined forces worked best and less blood would be spilled.

" I'll ensure my men are ready for this, " The Don said, his fingers shaking with unease.

Jonathan narrowed his eyes , " No. "

" W- what ? "

" We'll train them, "

The Don shook his head , " You can't do that ! I'm the boss not you. "

" You owe me , " he rasped and leant forward, staring The Don dead in the eye, " don't forget that...fact , William. "

" Y - yes , of course , "

" Good, " Jonathan smiled in satisfaction.

" So , how about you start telling us what we want to hear, dear Don , "

The Don looked at Lan , " Who even asks you to speak ?"

" Oh ! Please, save me the drama. Tell us what we want to hear we ain't got all day , " Lan said, dismissively.

" I refuse to be addressed by a no body like - "

Jonathan glared at him," Just corporate, William ."

The Don stared at Jonathan unimpressed but shrugged then began talking, " I know you all think I was at some point involved with Mr. Yong but that's not the case. "

" Lies ! William, lies ! " Jonathan rasped in anger .

" Okay may be once but those were ages and I've never been in good books with him since , " The Don defended himself.

" An exact reason why we need you, " Lan said.

" For what ? "

" The location details , "

" It's been years , a lot has changed, "

" We'll figure it out, " Lan said as he approached The Don who was fidgety at his desk.

" I don't feel good about this, "

" No one does, " Jonathan said and watched The Don with keen eyes.

Frost and Gregory stood at a corner, watching the turn out of events in the room when Frost's phone began ringing. He briefly stepped out to answer the call .

" From what I recall, I know it's a three storey building : the basement , the lobby and the offices. It's a pretty decent structure till you get to the basement. The man's a serial psychopath , tortures in the most gruesome ways ever. "

Jonathan did not need any more proof to agree with that sentiment.

" What about security ? " Jonathan asked.

" So tight. Air tight, he's got grills, heavy doors in every exit and entry. You need an inside person to successfully break in but there's the problem of his armed to teeth men, "

The Don grabbed a document from the top of desk to show them.

" This is the plan that I printed five years ago of that place. Much might have changed but this is what I have , " The Don said.

He gave Jonathan the document.

" The men we can handle but what about getting in ? " Lan asked.

" Mr. Fazul , " Gregory spoke up.

" He's a betrayer - "

The door then burst open cutting Lan off and a panicked Frost came in.

" There's a problem, "

All eyes were drawn to him in concern , the man was seldomly serious.

" The bungalow is up in flames, "

" WHAT ? " Jonathan stared shocked.

" I donno how it happened , your men kept calling they couldn't get through so they called me and said there was some sort of explosion then fire. A few of the guards are dead - "

" Mr. Fazul ? " Lan cut him off.

" He's no where, the dungeons are empty and untouched . He escaped ,"

" Is the fire big ? " Lan asked.

" I don't think the house is completely in ruins , "

Crash !

Pop ! Pop ! Pop ! Pop !

Jonathan immediately flung himself to the floor just as everyone else did while the spray of bullets raining in the room interrupted them.

Windows broke, the glass crashed ; little shads raining into the rooms with the shots.

This was not good.

" Cora ? " Jonathan called , worried.

He rose only to be met with a fist in his masked face causing a crack. Jonathan snarled .

" Big mistake, " Jonathan muttered before knocking him out by giving him the same doze then disarmed him.

**********†****†***
The melamine cup beside her suddenly broke and hot coffee poured on the sofa while she was suddenly pulled down.

" My arm ! " Cora groaned.

The fire intensified.

" Oh ! You're shot , " Master Yen yelled as he pulled her closed to inspect her fast bleeding wound .

" What's happening ? "

" An attack most likely, " Master Yen said as he tied a cloth over her wound to try stop the bleeding.

Cora huffed in anger.

" Stay here , don't move ! " Master Yen ordered once the fire stopped.

Cora tried to follow him.

" I said don't move ! You're what he wants , if they spot you, you're done for , "

This was not a good sign.

Master Yen stealthily left the room in crouch position.

Cora clasped her shot arm and tried to get up but the shooting resumed.
She would unfortunately have to wait.