Chapter Thirty

Cora's head throbbed and she slightly groaned while her eyes slowly blinked open.

A bandage was wrapped around her head.

Cora allowed her blurry vision to focus on the man seated beside the bed she lay. Her eyes widened at the familiar long braided goatee and she shrieked, coming to the full realization of who he was.

Mr. Fazul startled awake and glared at a weak Cora, who was struggling to move from the bed.

" Shh ! I'm not exactly thrilled to see you either, " Mr. Fazul said.

A palm was placed over her mouth silencing her.

" You're a fussy one, " he muttered, when he felt her teeth press down his skin.

" Will you stop it ! I would've hurt you if I wanted to, " Mr. Fazul said in anger.

At that, Cora quieted down and relaxed slightly on the small bed. Her eyes darted around, observing the white walls . Mr. Fazul slowly withdrew his hand and the strong smell of antiseptic hit her nose.

" Am I in hospital ? " Cora asked weakly.

" No. You're in a cemetery, " Mr. Fazul replied, rolling his eyes.

" Why am I here? "

" To get buried, "

Cora shot the annoying man a glare.

He defensively raised his palms , " You're asking stupid and obvious questions, "

" I have to. After what you did, you're not to be trusted - "

" Hey ! Don't you dare mention something you don't know, "

" You could've taken me back to that man like the betrayer you're ! " Cora retorted, her fearful eyes darting around the room.

" Cora - "

" HELP ! HELP ! HELP - "

His palms closed over her mouth again. The situation was not good.

" Cora keep it down. No one knows you're here ! " Mr. Fazul said.

She stretched an arm in the direction of the door as if asking for help and Mr. Fazul looked at the door. He cursed at the head that suddenly ducked before he saw the face in the tiny window.

That was a promise of trouble.

Grabbing a tape on the table beside the bed and shut her screaming mouth. It was the best he could do : Cora was not in the right state of mind to comprehend what was happening let alone believe him. She was hauled over his shoulder and the man dashed from the room.

Cora struggled but she was too weak and the pain in her head was getting unbearable. It did not take long before she saw rushing women, presumably hospital nurses based on their dressing.

" Sir ! Sir ! What are you doing sir ? "

" Sir, stop ! "

Cora struggled some more.

" Cora if they get a hold of you. You'll be dead, "

Cora refused to believe him until a man dressed in dirty overalls emerged from one of the rooms, aiming a gun straight at them. Her horrified scream was muffled by the tape just as the gun went off. Luckily, Mr. Fazul ran in another corridor and through the exist door, missing the shots.

His large steps on the tarmac made Cora dizzy but it was soon over when she was tossed inside a vehicle.

" Watch your head ! " Mr. Fazul yelled as he hopped in and drove away leaving the strange man firing hopelessly in their direction.