Chapter Twenty Nine

He could as well die but he did not care.

Jonathan Blue sped up: not caring about the limit, not caring that his men were struggling to catch up with him. All he wanted to do was to catch Mr. Yong and have a man - to - man confrontation. Mr. Yong was bent on ruining his life and he was almost successful: from hiring a quack like Felix Tyrin to a very sassy assassin, Cora Liya, who Jonathan managed to helplessly fall for and killing his childhood friend, The Don after an ambush. It was crazy that the man would go to such extremes to ruin for Jonathan Blue's title, his position, his wealth and power.

Greed was indeed deadly.

Enough is enough, the minion within him muttered and Jonathan nodded his head in agreement. Excitement bubbled within him as he glimpsed at the white building that he was approaching at a steady speed.

Gripping his rifle, he aimed it infront of him, through the window and fired fiercely. Three wandering guards dropped on the ground. Jonathan jumped out, ignoring the back up fire behind him and his loyal men who ran behind him.

Jonathan crept behind a wall, peering into a dimly lit corridor in the building . A whistling guard was approaching. Jonathan pounced, ambushing and seizing the man.

" Get me in ! " He rasped the order.

" I cannot do that, " the man said , a tremble in his voice.

Jonathan pressed the rifle against the man's temple.

" Think again...else your brains...will be decorating the wall, " He threatened.

The man shook his head frantically.

" Good ! Now cooperate , "

He nodded and Jonathan released him. The man ran down the corridor and Jonathan followed him .

" My n-name is Nicott, " he said trembling as he fumbled with his card around the scanner to open the door, " I'm friendly. "

Jonathan raised a brow.

" I love ice cream , "

Jonathan shook his head, " Me too. "

" You do too ! We can be best of friends , "

Jonathan knew what the man was trying to do but it was too much struggle. He had no plans to kill the guard.

" You talk much, " Jonathan rasped.

" Oh ! "The man was still fumbling with the door.

Jonathan deliberately made the rifle click and the man jumped , quickly opening the door. He looked at Jonathan fearfully.

" Nice to meet you, "

Jonathan glared, " I don't care ...mate ! "

He pushed him aside and sprinted through the open door.

The place was dark and his stomach churned when the pungent smell hit his nose. He had accessed the place through the dungeons. He slowed down, his footsteps the only echoing sound in the disturbing silence. Jonathan sighed as the pain in his right leg due to the strain doubled but he would worry of that at a later hour, he had to find Cora before Mr. Yong hurt her.

He heard a distant shooting, a fierce exchange and he knew it was his men.

We'll burn this place down ,the little minion within him whispered and he was in agreement. Once saving her,he would burn down Mr. Yong's territory down to ashes , making sure Mr. Yong watched before teaching him an unforgettable lesson for messing with things that are not his own. The thought made him speed up his tempo.

He saw an open door to his left , cautiously Jonathan peered in.

Strange hooks hung from the white celling, the walls were bloody: splashes of red on the dirty white walls. He slowly walked in , carefully avoiding the slimy green puddles on the floor . He assessed the bloody metal tables but froze when his eyes locked with a particular one at the corner. Jonathan almost crumbled to the floor.

" No ! "

On the table, her head awkwardly hung. The same head full of curls and Jonathan gasped, slowly careful steps approaching her. Her entire body was wrapped with a blanket but the face was mistakenly hers. Jonathan rubbed his eyes.

He stopped by her side.

" Cora ? Cora ? Cora ? " He called out, pain evident in his voice.

He noticed the bloody blanket .

" No , no, " he whispered.

Jonathan's trembling hand reached out to pull the blanket but that is when the door flew open, banging loudly against the wall.

" My, my, my, my, what a surprise ! " His annoying voice announced his presence .

The devil himself walked in and dared a smile at a fuming Jonathan.

" What did you...do ? " He asked menacingly.

Mr. Yong chuckled, " Ah ! The two of you share quite the characteristic . I see, Cora too seems not to care for greetings, "

Jonathan's fury grew, " What did you ...DO ? "

" Ah ! Ah ! Ah ! Down boy. Easy actually, picked her up from a club coz she looks like my girlfriend whom I don't know how, but you guys used my very own right hand man to kidnap! Who does that ? " Mr. Yong asked, clearly unimpressed.

The man was sick , a psychopath is who would chain a woman, whip her bloody and torture her till near death but still refer to her as his girlfriend.

Jonathan glared at him, " She's mine...back off. "

" Ah ! Please, I claimed her, marked her entire body with adorable little cuts as proof she's mine. She enjoys being whipped , did she tell you that ? "

" You mean poisoned ? "

Jonathan rasped the question in anger that Mr. Yong flinched despite himself.

" C'mon ! I'd preserve her body well in here after all she's such a pain when alive but still a rare one. For example, Uno behind you there, immediately passed out after two strokes of pain. She's pathetic, she's no Cora, too thin for one , " Mr. Yong concluded in distaste.

" You psycho ! "

Jonathan's mind was reeling and without further thought he pulled off the bloody blanket and realized truly that the woman was not Cora despite the disturbing resemblance.

He turned back to glared at a frowning Mr. Yong.

" I don't understand why you are here, you are supposed to be dead. I sent my men to kill you and bring the girl but now you're here and the girl is nowhere, "

Cora's not here ! Where's she ? Where's she - Focus !

Jonathan chuckled darkly, drowning the panic within him, " I admire your... honesty. "

" So , you came here for me to kill you by my own self ? " Mr. Yong asked stupidly.

Jonathan shoot him a murderous look and the coward trembled.

" How about you pull that mask off first - "

Jonathan ripped his damaged mask from his face and Mr. Yong stepped back in fear because of the anger that had contorted Jonathan's face. He shakily aimed a pistol at the stalking man.

Mr. Yong tried chuckling and that is when Jonathan charged at him.

A shot rang out but Jonathan's arms wrapped around his fat neck. Another shot rang out, but the force increased and he coughed and gasped for air. Panicking, Mr. Yong pulled the trigger once more and at that the force lessened, the arms around his neck grew limp.

Jonathan became silent.