Chapter thirteen.

Jonathan noticed the glares Lan sent his way in the limousine. He did not understand the man's boiling anger towards him, if it was about Kayla , Jonathan was very convinced he had done the right thing ; for her sake at least.  Jonathan shrugged and looked out of the window in pretense of admiring the scenery of the beautiful tall city buildings, totally ignoring Lan's looks for the rest of the ride.

He glanced at his Carat watch as he swiftly got off the sleek vehicle and walked into his executive towers. It was only thirty past seven in the morning, approximately forty minutes left to address a meeting. He could hear angry Lan's foot steps behind him . The tension radiated from the man in waves and Jonathan hoped the man would not confront him. For that reason , he rushed up to his office as fast as his walking cane would allow then pushed open his door only to be met with Frost lounging lazily in his plush armchair.

Jonathan sighed tiredly , " What are you ... doing here ? "

Frost drowsily looked at him , " I came in using that spare key you  left in my car last month , my wife kicked me out of the house at five - thirty a.m ! She was muttering something about me being late over a stupid conference meeting that involved my company , your company plus a bunch of potential investors . Damn her memory - "

Lan burst into the room panting in anger cutting off Frost.

Jonathan decided to ignore him , " Frost , is it ... you or your ... wife , that runs ... the company ? "

" Blue, I donno , I donno mate . You ask her when you see her next time and what's up with Lan ? Bro is fuming so hard I'm about to see smoking blowing out his - "

" He fired Kayla ! " Lan burst out.

" Listen , Frost ... don't mind him - "

" Oh ! Shut up  Blue ! Shut up ! That was no way to break a girl's heart ! "

" And what's your ... deal , Lan ? How is it ... your business ? "

" Err ! Guys ? I'm kinda floating above your entire talk , can someone explain to me what's up between the two of you ? "

Jonathan opened his mouth to speak but Lan beat him to it.

" This man heartlessly sent the only woman he has touched in two years away ! Two years ! He's dumb ! He couldn't see it , the woman loves him , hell ! He loves her too , then he sends he away in some stupid , flimsy excuse that she's a whore ! What is wrong with your upstairs Blue ? "

" I did it ... for her own ... sake ! " Jonathan was getting annoyed.

" By breaking her heart , congratulations Blue ! "

" First , you big... pervert ! What were
... you doing listening ... and following up ... what we were ... up to ? Huh ? "

Frost chuckled, " Pretty sure , he was in a damning fantasy- "

" SHUT UP ! " Both Lan and Jonathan yelled .

" I know I had no rights to eavesdrop , " he cringed obviously recalling what he heard, " but I care about you two . Why push her away when it's clear she adores you ? "

" And subject her ... to my fate ? My ... cursed fate ! "

" Jonathan - "  Frost begun.

" Oh ! Is that ... what you want ? To ... get her married to ... an infertile man ! Who can't ... make her proud ... A proud woman ... of her motherhood ! " Jonathan rammed his fist into the white wall behind him causing Frost to jump from his chair and rush to him.

" Calm down , " Frost  held Jonathan.

" You wouldn't understand... you're a father , " Jonathan rasped in defeat.