Chapter six.

Cora could not stop trembling before him, even with his mask on it seemed like those mismatched eyes saw right through her every motive. He had changed ; Jonathan Blue was no longer the bubbly, funny, cute man. He had grown in something much more violent and sinister. It was that fact that made her blurt out the question when he had asked her her name, but it was a mistake. Clearly, he was not the past Jonathan and she quickly had to apologize for her to keep her job. No, for the unwanted mission to work.

He was quite brief when he spoke too. It made him strange and mysterious ;and for the first time  she was not so sure she could pull the mission off. She wondered what the accident did to him to change him that much. Jonathan's voice sounded so rough and when he got angry , it did not even sound human. For lack of better term, she concluded it sounded eerie and it scared her very much especially when he also narrowed his eyes at her.

Cora looked around in the laundry room then continued to fold the thick soft towels. She sighed when she remembered the state she woke up in that morning. At six a.m, she found herself on the caretaker's bed with a splitting headache. The young woman's warm smile filled Cora's vision and she kindly helped Cora to sit up then gave her a few pills. She was even kind enough to hold Cora's hand as she walked back to her own room. Cora immediately took a quick shower then dropped on the bed like a log for a short nap only to wake up five hours later and by the time she checked her email to find her application had gone through, it was late but she decided to show up anyway. Luck on her side , Lan was a forgiving man and with a few harsh words , he let Cora in.

Cora finished folding the rest of the clothes and sat on the small wooden stool in the room. For the mission to work, she had to devise a plan. First,she had to find out if the house had any form of cameras and if so, how much efficient were they ? Second , apart from his office , where else did Jonathan keep his documents ?

Cora sighed and picked up the basin just as Lan walked into the room.

" I'm quite positive I didn't explain the routine to you ..."

" No, you didn't ,"

" Good ! Now, you are expected to serve the boss breakfast in his room at thirty past eight on the dot . Vacuum clean the house , except on Saturdays when we expect you to do some mopping. We have washing machines and dish washer , among others , so we don't expect cleaning to be a problem. As for lunch and dinner, their respective times to be served are at one o'clock and ten o'clock, with no delay. Serve the lunch in his office and dinner in his room. If he wishes for anymore snacks, he may tell you or get it himself. Are we clear ? "

" Yes, "

" A reminder. The boss is not a petty man but a very violent man. Whatever you do, don't cross him or get in his path, "

" Noted, "

" Good. I shall leave you to it then , "

Cora realized she had a lot of free time. That is the time she could use to devise a plan as she rested in her room . Huffing, she carried the folded clothes in a basket and left the room.

*******

At ten o'clock, Cora was asleep.
She had been free since four p.m. and she had watched a few movies on the screen in her room . Cora had even already prepared dinner and ate her portion. Lan had taken his share too and that was only at eight o'clock . Cora tried to watch more movies as she waited for ten o'clock to serve her boss but in the end she grew so drowsy. She ended up changing into a loose night gown because her uniform was quite uncomfortable and ended up dozing off on the comfortable bed so she was very confused when an angry voice called out her name over the intercom , jolting her awake.

Cora ran into the kitchen and hastily warmed up the food which she set on a tray on a trolley. Cora hurried to his room ; went in after knocking and receiving no reply. Cora thought Jonathan was not in and she felt relieved which was quite short-lived for his raspy voice startled her when she reached for the lights.

"No lights, "

" Oh ! But I can't see sir , "

" Leave the trolley, "

Cora hesitated. She wondered how the man saw in the darkness and that caused her to be assigned another task.

" Run my bath, "

" What ? Sir? "

" You didn't leave , "

" Meaning what sir ? "

Silence.

" Mr. Blue, sir ? "

" Run my bath, "

" But I can't see, "

A dim lamp stand was switched on and Cora immediately saw a huge shirtless Jonathan seated on the bed; mismatched eyes staring at her through the small holes of the mask. With a gulp, Cora proceeded to the bathroom his veiny finger pointed.

The bathroom was much more cool and brighter . Jonathan's house was a moderately spacious bunglow despite the fact he had the money to own a palace if he wanted ,but Cora was not sure he did not have one, may be he heard many more homes in other places but liked this one most.

She approached the simple but executively polished tub and began filling it with warm water . Once she ensured the temperature was warm enough and the soap satisfactorily bubbly , she straightened up to call her boss . Cora turned around only to come face to face with Jonathan. Cora almost jumped back and fell into the tub , but she steadied herself. Jonathan's mismatched eyes bored holes in her eyes as if trying to unravel some kind of hidden mystery.

" S-sir , your b - bath, " she squeaked.

Jonathan's gaze dropped to her bust and Cora remembered she was in a loose translucent dress, and to make matters worse ; braless. Timidly, she draped an arm against her large rack making Jonathan's gaze to snap back to her face.

" Always wear uniform, "

" What ? " She whispered.

" Whenever, " Jonathan kept silent puzzling Cora," you meet me. "

Cora frowned. She did not understand why he could not say that without pausing, but that was forgotten when his heated gaze wandered all over her body.

" Leave , " he rasped.

Jonathan slightly tapped the walking cane on the ground and with a free hand, he tucked in the end of the towel that was loose round his waist. Cora was still staring at his chest , in wonder of how one could have so many visible veins in one's arms that connected with the lower part of one's neck and upper part of the chest.

" Stop it , "

Cora still stared.

" Stop it , "

She looked up embarrassed.

" Leave ! "

His voice was authoritative and angry causing Cora to bolt from the room.