Chapter seven.

Jonathan tapped his veiny fingers on the wooden table beside him. He cocked his head to the side as it turned into steady drumming rhythm and mismatched eyes glared at the baby blue shorts on his bed.

He sighed. This was a day a couple of friends were coming over and he desired to be comfortable in shorts but because of his right artificial leg. He had to wear sweat pants. Jonathan huffed.

The accident had turned him into an introvert but only three individuals persistently stuck to his side like glue  despite the cold attitude he also developed: Lan, Frost and Gregory. They had met in highschool and they grew up like blood brothers. Each would go an extra mile to cover up for any of them so when he got involved in the accident , they all stubbornly stayed by his side. In the long run, Lan ended up becoming his personal body guard and the rest of them : Frost and Gregory always popped in his house twice a month to check on him, whether he liked it or not. Jonathan ended up softening a little and adjusting so that whenever they came , he would make arrangements to have a little fun. That included even a solemn version of fun. For he laughed and smiled less.

He struggled into a pair of black sweat pants and an a comfortable hoodie then placed a shiny mask on his face. Jonathan's friends knew about his visible physical injuries but he did not need anymore pitiful glances , so he hid them. Settling on his bed, he smiled at his already served breakfast and a part of him wished that the interesting maid was late that morning so that he could have another chance to talk to her.

It's not like you can say fully completed sentences, anyway.
His lips tightened at his inner voice but immediately turned into a mischievous grin and chuckle when he remembered a certain maid in a translucent gown. Her rack was tempting and she was stunning, his smiled broadened at the memory . He wanted to ask her if she was real  but his mouth had other plans and he ended up ordering her to always wear her uniform whenever she was to meet him.

Very dumb , Blue.
He frowned then sipped the sweetened tea.
The minion within him was the dumb one . It would certainly be complete idiocy to ask her if she was actually naturally well endowed.

You're the boss. It's obvious she would have answered you.
Jonathan shook his head at the voice and set the tray aside.

He slowly left the room with a slight limp and went into his office.

******

"Hey man ? " Gregory stormed into the office startling Jonathan.

" Still the workaholic, I see  , " Frost followed the darker man and beamed at a glaring Jonathan.

" Boss, they wouldn't listen , " Lan ran in after them. Panting and scowling at the two lean men.

" C'mon ,on days like these you don't call him 'boss' , " Gregory frowned.

" He's right Lan, " Jonathan muttered and rose from the leather chair before the men decided to literally drag him out of the room.

" Why are you grumpy all the time ? "

" He's in a mask , Frost. How do you know he's grumpy ? "

" Simple. Gregory, simple. He keeps looking down and his eyes - "

" Look , I'm tired. Can we just go into the sitting room ? " Lan complained interrupting the two.

" I'm sure none of us is holding your legs ? " Frost smirked .

Gregory shook his head, " I can't understand why everyone is in a bad mood. Is the food - "

" Guys please let's...just go, " Jonathan said.