Chapter ten.

Jonathan confused Cora and it irritated her to no end.

Her plan was quite simple and straight forward but somehow the man managed to complicate it not knowing it was to his own determent. Cora purposely got herself drunk . She thought that it would be obvious her services as maid would be terminated taking into account her rudeness that morning and her drunken state when she showed up the night before, but apparently that was not the case.

Seething and glaring at the expensive China in the dining room as she dusted them , Cora was frustrated. It would have been easier to tell Mr. Yong that she was fired and even give him a letter as evidence but at the moment she was in a very unpleasant dilemma.

Whether to do the assignment or not was a hard decision and even if she did decide all her decisions would lead to jail eventually. It was either blackmail or get caught. She sighed loudly and her mind drifted to what The Don had suggested.

It was a tempting idea but she needed a lot of time and that was what she did not have. Seducing Mr. Blue to fall for her hard in order to reveal to her what she wanted to hear before killing him made her cringe , but it was the only favourable solution unless she would brave it all and spill the beans to him in readiness of whatever decision he would make over her fate.

Cora stared at her reflection in one of the shiny vases and shook her head as if it would aid her to think and decide. She carefully put it on a shelf and that is when her phone decided to chime in her blue apron. She pulled it out then looked at the message that caused sweat to break out on her forehead and her heart to pound so loud that it almost deafened her hearing.

***

" Halloo..." She spoke into the phone.

" What great pleasure to hear your voice Cora, "

" What do you think you're doing ?"

" Oh ! Is it a crime to check on one of my employees especially if they have decided to take their sweet time to carry out an assignment ? " Mr. Yong drawled out sarcastically.

" If I recall well, I'm the one who made this call , "

" Is it ? "

" Listen , whatever you're asking me to do isn't easy and I'm busy , "

" Busy. Busy with what ? "

" Please don't choose to be stupid. You know exactly what I mean, " Cora rolled her eyes.

His annoying laugh assaulted her ears ," Two days. Two days that's all or else what you saw in the picture - "

" Listen. It isn't easy. I need more time - "

" I gave you a job , I expect it to be complete. How you do it is up to you, "

Cora sighed exasperatedly , " I need more time , I promise , only a week more. "

He fell silent.

" Please ? " She tried again.

" Fine , "

She sighed in temporary relief.

" No thanks , Mr. Darling Yong , " He feigned hurt.

" I can't thank a man who has made my life miserable, "

He chuckled, "One week Cora , that's it. Oh ! And if you are worried someone might trace the call please don't be, I've taken care of it. "

" Listen , I need more - "

The sound of disconnected call cut her off. She cursed silently as she assessed the picture filling the screen.

Her youngest nephew , eyes wide in pure terror while his hands and feet were bound to the chair he sat on as a hand pressed a gun to his temple.