Chapter fourteen.

Cora stared at the picture on the screen. The man was fast but what did she expect when she literally blew her cover after going on a killing rampage , she might as well stood atop a podium bearing the poster ‘ I'm the deadly assassin come get me ’ and it was entirely her fault. She sighed and switched to another channel , another then another and came to the full realization that she was the hot topic on all the nine o'clock news broadcast. Her hand flexed and the dagger she fiddled with  violently hit the screen , turning it off and leaving an ugly crack on it.

Cora rubbed her temple, she now had another headache added on that concerning Mr. Yong. She sighed, she had to figure out the most effective way of discretion inorder to see Mr. Yong successfully. She got up from her tiny sofa just the devil himself decided to ring her cell. She trembled but answered the phone regardless.

" What is this ? "

" Mr. Yong - "

" What is this ? I send you on an assignment the next thing I know you're on TV , completely blowing off your cover ! "

" I tried my best ! You know it ! "

" Nonsense ! "

" It was the hardest task ! "

" Well not hard enough to save your nephew's life - "

" Asshole ! "

" Uh - uh ! That's no way to call a man who has your nephew's life in his hands , "

" You know I tried ! You know it ! "

He sighed , " This is just a waste of time . I'd prefer if you quickly tell me how to transport his body . He's a quite a nuisance by the way - "

" Wait ! "

" Now, now , now , it's too late for that don't you think - "

" Please ! I - I got something, "

He fell silent.

" I got something and ran off before he  found me out , "

" Better be the case. Meet me at eleven p.m in my office, "

The call disconnected and Cora leaned heavily on the wall out of fear. She would never mind if anything ever happened to her but to her nephew, she would never forgive herself. She rushed into her room , it was only a matter of time before the authorities barged into her apartment so she had to leave immediately. Throwing her necessities into her back pack , she opened the bedroom window , grabbed a steady rail and manoeuvred  her way below.

From a distance she could hear the shrill wail of a siren ,she quickly tightened her hold on the back pack and  ran down the dirty street till the panic inducing sound was nothing but a mere pulse in the far off distance then she begun to walk.

Cora spotted a young guy whose appearance would be deemed questionable by any decent being and as she drew closer to him, he seemed to be a late teen. He was only a few yards from her , smoking and leaning on the side of a car , presumably his. He seemed the typical type to take advantage of any naive girl that mistakenly found herself in this unfortunate lone side of town.  As if on cue , the boy's eyes landed on Cora . He grinned and threw his cigarette to the ground , smashing it.

" Hiya hottie ! " He started towards her but stopped in his tracks once all her facial features were revealed in the dim street light.

" You are the wanted girl ! "

" I know , " she smiled , " now , I need to borrow that ride. "

He grinned , a sinister grin , " If ya ask nicely I'mma give ya . "