Chapter Thirty Five

Jonathan decided to make breakfast.

It was only 8 a.m in the morning, a time he still deserved to be asleep taking into account strenuous events he had gone through but he had no sleep. Coupled up with the frightening thoughts that crossed his mind as he stared at Cora's lovely face from dawn made him leave the bed and head to the kitchen he loathed.

In only a pair of comfortable grey pants, Jonathan stealthily left a sleeping Cora and strode to the kitchen. It took him a moment to figure out the bearings of the kitchenware, well, he was not to blame, it was ages since he had come to the house. As he assembled bowls, Jonathan frowned, sooner or later, he had to tell Cora the truth.

He sighed.

Where do I start ? By proposing first so that she can't reject me when she knows the truth? By blurting out the truth and let her choose if she wants to stay ? Or pretend I don't know about it until the eleventh hour ...

Jonathan's thoughts went on and on causing him to groan inaudibly wishing Lan was still alive, the man would have advised him. Jonathan's face fell at the thought and his panic was replaced with grief, remembering he was supposed to organize a befitting burial for his friend.

Jonathan spun around to grab an idle phone on the kitchen counter to make arrangements only to see an adorable confused Cora walking into the kitchen. Her curly hair was a beautiful mess and her hand rubbed her eyes, she looked like a child in that onesie only that her figure sold her out. Jonathan's gaze flew to her chest, the zip had loosened and Cora's cleavage was much more mouthwatering compared to the pancakes he was contemplating on cooking. He froze staring.

" I couldn't find you, " Cora stated, oblivious to the man's consuming stare.

" Hmm..."

" You left me alone !" She whined.

" Interesting, "

Cora noticed what the man was staring at, " Is me being alone interesting or it's my chest, Blue ? "

" Both of you," He answered absentmindedly.

" Mr. Jonathan Blue ! "

And like a twig he snapped from his inappropriate focus and his confused gaze narrowed on Cora's black orbs.

She glared at him.

Jonathan shrugged, " Decided to cook...breakfast, "

" You can cook ? "

" Yes, but I ...just hate the...kitchen,"

Cora chuckled, " I can help. "

Jonathan shook his head and with trembling hands he started mixing batter.

He noticed Cora's questioning stares at his jerky movements and shaky fingers. With a deep sigh, he stopped everything he was doing and decided to go over his fears. If Cora rejected him, he would recover, Jonathan told himself .

After all, I'm a warrior who has survived betrayal, rejection, neglect and a wrecking -

" Blue? Blue are you okay ? "

Jonathan blinked noticing he had spaced out," Yes, I'm fine . "

" You don't look fine to me, right from yesterday. Is there something Mr. Yong did ? You can tell me, what is wrong ? " Cora asked, fear and genuine concern lacing her soft voice.

Jonathan stared at her and managed an unsure smile, " What is wrong...is what I ...need to tell...you. "

" Okay , " She said, sitting on a high stool at the kitchen counter beside a standing nervous Jonathan.