Chapter Twenty three

Jonathan swung in his chair, hands clasped together on his expensive desk. He was sick and tired of Mr. Yong, the chubby man tirelessly searched for all avenues to get to Jonathan. He had to put an end to it , Mr. Yong would regret his mistake. His eyes snapped to Lan who entered his office , the man's green eyes narrowed in fury.

" Maybe we should actually get that Mr. Yong , tie him on a high pole , cane his annoying back side before sending him to hell, " Lan said in anger.

" Maybe turn him into a barbecue before sending him to hell " Frost said as he entered the office after Lan.

" That's why I ...called a meeting, " Jonathan rasped.

" You do realize for this task we do need the Goatee guy, right ? " Lan questioned, crossing his arms over his chest.

" I do, " Jonathan said, " but he's untrustworthy. "

" I agree , considering the stunt he just pulled minutes ago . It has greatly increased my doubts concerning Cora, " Gregory said .

Jonathan looked at a silent Gregory who had been sitting at a corner in the office for quite sometime. The man had a heavy point. Behind his mask, his brows furrowed in frustration. How sure was he that Cora was being sincere ? Was her coming back just another kind of devised plan to get back at him ? What was Mr. Fazul's true intentions ?

Jonathan sighed. He hated these kind of dilemmas.

" Either way we've got to attack , " Lan said.

" And use Cora, "

Jonathan glared at Gregory, " No one's using her . "

" Blue, will you put your mind ahead of your heart for once and think. This woman was meant to kill you, literally like wipe you off out of this planet . She may still mean to actually kill you . Falling in love with her at this point is what we call stupid suicide, " Gregory reasoned.

" I'm in agreement, " Lan nodded.

" Me too, I second that , " Frost whispered.

" Fine ! I get it, " Jonathan spoke up , " but at some...point we'll have...to trust her. "

" Blue - "

The door burst open cutting Gregory off and a weak Cora stumbled into the room , using the same door for support.

Jonathan's eyes narrowed at her .

Cora looked around in the room and once her eyes locked with his mismatched ones she shook her head, " All I ask is for you to believe me, I was once a dying woman so I would not cause harm to those who saved me. I don't have any hand in what Mr. Fazul did. I don't know his intentions . I don't even know why he did it , I was too shocked - "

" Told you I can't trust her ! She was clearly eavesdropping ! " Gregory snapped , " You hypocritical stubborn - "

Jonathan raised a palm to silence his friend after shooting him a warning glare," I'll handle this . "

" Cora - "

" No , I'm tired of this ! Your mind is made up that I'm somehow part of this stupid suspicion but let me tell you something, I'm not leaving this room because I am getting involved in this attack plan whether you like it or not. He almost killed me for that ungrateful masked man, the very least I can do to reward my bravery is to seek my own portion of revenge, " She pointed a finger at Gregory, " I don't need your approval over where I stand mister but I'd love to inform you that if I was to kill your precious little Blue I would've easily done so . Probably send you off as bonus seeing you're such a pain in the ass. "

She slammed the door, walked in and approached Jonathan's desk then comfortably sat on top of it.

Frost whistled , " Damn girl. "

Gregory was still gaping at her and Jonathan was struggling not to chuckle at his expression.

" One condition, Cora , " Jonathan glared at her.

" What ? "

" Tell us who...you work for , "

" Why is it so important ? "

" Just answer the damn question you're already stubborn enough," Frost said.

" As long as you promise not to hurt them , "

" No promises, sweetheart, we barely trust you, " Gregory smirked.

Cora ignored his comment, " He's called The Don, he's my employer and also my Karate Master Yen. They're the only family I've ever known . They live south from this street, they trained me into what I am. "

" What a heartfelt speech, "

" Gregory, knock it off, " Lan snapped at him, " The Don you say ? "

Cora nodded.

Jonathan abruptly stood up, " I know him. "

" Y - you do ? " Cora asked.

Jonathan could see the panic setting in her eyes.

" I think it's high time we paid an old friend a visit, " Lan said.

" But you promised never to hurt him ! " Cora said alarmed.

She grabbed Jonathan's arm .
He spared her an amused look , his mismatched eyes staring into her frightened black orbs, " I never did, little minx. "

****

It was amusing to Jonathan how timid Cora could be at times. He chuckled at her as he observed her shaken frame in the limoisine. The woman was a ball of nerves. He hated the tension and fear she was going through but it had to be done. It was the only true way he would learn her true intentions.

" Was this really necessary ? " She finally whispered the question to him .

Jonathan nodded.

" Please don't hurt him, " her voice became thick with emotion, " He was the only man that was willing to accept me as I was. He knew I was a troubled soul but he ignored that and took me in trained me like one of his men . See, please you'd rather kill me before you touch him. "

He looked at her , " I hate it ...when you get...so emotional. "

Cora glared .

" Good, " Jonathan nodded, " Keep that look...for the rest...of the ride. "

" Asshole, " She muttered.

" Interesting, " He looked at her, " Didn't seem like...it when I ...was bathing you,"

" Son of a bitch, "

" Devil's daughter, "

" Devil's advocate, "

" Demon of death , "

" Masked man , "

" Scarred woman , "

At that she kept quiet, her eyes pooling with tears.

" For an assassin...you're quite soft, "

" You are a heartless bastard, "

Jonathan sighed and wrapped a large arm around her shoulders.

" You're my scarred...little minx, "