Chapter 24 - Tonight

Chapter 24

When it was time to go home, I was both physically and mentally drained, I had a raging headache and wanted to just crawl into my bed

When it was time to go home, I was both physically and mentally drained, I had a raging headache and wanted to just crawl into my bed. Who knew being the head of a division would be so hard, and it was only day one of my training.

I popped some painkillers in my mouth before walking into the private bathroom in my office to check how I looked. I knew I was only meeting Ben, but for some reason I wanted to look hot, I wanted him to know that even while we were apart, I was okay and was thriving.

After re-applying my powder, my lipstick, and spraying myself with my Lancôme perfume I was ready to meet Ben. I switched off the lights of the bathroom and walked back to my office and just as I was about to tell Carmen she could go home, my desk phone rang.

"Hello, Hazel speaking." I spoke softly into the phone.

"It's me." A sexy deep voice that demanded authority (which I planned on defying) replied back.

"Why are you calling me?" I answered with a bored yawn.

"I'll be working late tonight, so you can have the driver take you back home." He informed.

"I don't need your driver or your help tonight, I have plans." I rudely informed back.

"What plans-" I hung up the phone before Caleb could finish asking his question and darted out of the office remembering to tell Carmen she could leave as I rushed past her.

When I was finally out of the building, I hailed a taxi and told him where to take me. I knew Caleb would be angry at my actions, but I strongly felt like he deserved my rudeness.

I smiled down into my phone as I typed a text to Ben informing him that I was on my way.

                                 ***************

I arrived at the busy Italian restaurant I had chosen about fifteen minutes before I was meant to meet Ben, so instead of waiting at the reserved table for him, I sat down at the bar and ordered a glass of Martini while checking to see the notific...

I arrived at the busy Italian restaurant I had chosen about fifteen minutes before I was meant to meet Ben, so instead of waiting at the reserved table for him, I sat down at the bar and ordered a glass of Martini while checking to see the notifications on my phone.
I internally laughed at the ten missed calls from Caleb, and the text that was typed in caps demanding I called him back right now.