Chapter 25 - Morning After

Chapter 25 – Morning After

Ben led me to my front door tightly holding my hand as we approached the door, he brought the hand he was holding up to his lips and kissed it. "Make sure you think about what I said." He emphasized staring into my eyes. I watched Ben as he entered his Aston Martin and drove away.

My mind was a hub of confusion; I did not know what I was doing, feeling, or what I was going to do. I brushed the tips of my fingers against my lips, and remembered both Caleb's and Ben kisses.

As I didn't want to think of my life in general, I snapped out of my thoughts and noticed all the lights in the house were off, so I made sure the door was properly locked before creeping up the stairs to my mother's room.

I wiped the makeup off my face, tied my hair in a bun, stripped my clothes off, put on one of my mom's dressing robes, entered under the covers and finally hugged her.

"Hazel is that you?" She murmured.

"Yes mom, sorry I got here so late" I whispered back.

"I love you baby girl." She said while yawning.

"I love you too mom." I replied holding onto her even tighter.

         ************

The next morning, I was showered and dressed for work in the spare clothes I had left in the house by seven. By the time I got downstairs, my mother was already serving the pancakes, eggs, and bacon she made.

"This looks delicious mom." I complimented.

"Anything to see that beautiful smile on my daughter's face." She hummed.

"Are you sure your husband and his family will be happy you spent the night here?" She again questioned.

"They won't even notice, I am gone." I lied, in fact the twenty missed calls from Caleb and the angry texts he sent me overnight confirmed that I was going to be in a humongous amount of trouble.

"I plan on going straight to the mansion after work today, so you don't have to worry." I reassured her.

"Why were you really sad yesterday?" I asked slightly worried.

"It's nothing a hug from you couldn't cure." She said smiling.

"Are you sure?" I further interrogated raising an eyebrow.

"A hundred percent." She replied stuffing a strip of bacon in her mouth.

Mom and I happily talked, laughed, and joked for the rest of our breakfast. I felt really happy with it just being mom and I like the old times.

After breakfast I walked out to see Ben leaning on his car holding a single red rose as he waited for me. My eyes widened as the reality I was trying to bury at the back of my mind was standing right in front of me. Ben had confessed his feelings for me not knowing that I was married or in a fake marriage with Caleb Crofts.

He began to confidently stride towards me, his eyes trained on me the whole time.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.