Chapter 35 - You're a Crofts

Chapter 35 – You're a Crofts

A Day Earlier

Ben's P.O.V

I stood at the arrivals section of the airport waiting for my mother to come out, she normally travelled the world but once she was bored, would come home saying she missed me

I stood at the arrivals section of the airport waiting for my mother to come out, she normally travelled the world but once she was bored, would come home saying she missed me. Of course her expensive life style was fully funded by my money, however I wouldn't have it any other way, she was my rock and had spent her life taking care and fighting for me.

Growing up I knew that she had so much secrets, I never understood why she fled from my father's protection and took me with her, I knew my father's first wife and children severely hated her because not only was she a mistress, she was the only woman able to sire the first male child in the family, and I was the pride and joy of my father.

My mother never ever wanted to talk about her past with me, and I always assumed that before she had me, she was a sweet young girl that was taken advantage of by a powerful brutal politician. She was simply an amazing mother, and I never had a reason not to trust her.

"Benny Pooh!" A voice excitedly screeched from afar.

"Mom!" I yelled looking at the gorgeous woman I called mother waving at me. From her beautifully tanned skin and her full smile, I could tell that she had been enjoying her travels.

Immediately I reached her, I bent down to give her five foot eight frame a hug chuckling at the fact that I had been taller than her since my mid teens.

"You look tired." My mother carefully observed.

"There has been too many things on my mind recently." I truthfully replied.

"Things like Hazel Hammonds?" She inquired with a raised eyebrow. "The last update you gave me was positive; you said you had found her."

"It's a long story mom, she has a kid now......." I sighed.

"Nothing wrong with that Benny pooh, if you like her and she's single, you should let her know before she disappears again." My mother casually said while walking towards the exit.

"It isn't that easy, the father of her child is Caleb Crofts."

My mother stopped in her tracks and clenched her fists. "What did you just say?!" She howled.

"I said that the father of Hazel's child is Caleb Crofts." I slowly replied trying to source out why she was upset at Caleb's name.

"Why don't we find somewhere quiet to talk?" She seethed clenching her teeth.

"Sure." I answered pointing her towards where my car was parked. I had no idea why she was this upset, but I knew I would be finding out soon.