Chapter 30 - London

Chapter 30 - London

One year later

"Miss Hammonds, are you really sure you don't want to join us for some Friday drinks?" Francis my boss urged in his sexy British accent

"No I have some pressing things I need to take care of when I get home." I replied with a smile.

"You've been working here for three months now, and you haven't come out once with the team and I." He further pushed.

"I promise I will next time." I assured him with another friendly smile.

Once I was out of the office, I made my way down the busy London streets and to the nearest tube station. Getting used to how the underground systems worked took me a while, but I had now mastered it, I now knew what mode of transport could take me to my desired location.

I jumped on the Northern line which was always packed at peak times then proceeded to being squashed by other passengers until I got off at Kennington Station which was a ten minute walk from the flat I had been living in for the past year.

As I briskly walked towards my flat, an alert pinged on my phone showing Caleb's newest fling; a tall blonde that was a previous beauty queen. For some seconds I wondered why I even followed these gossip blogs, I had chosen to be out of Caleb's life when Grandfather Crofts asked me what I wanted a year ago. I could still remember the heartbreak on his face when he said he would have his lawyers draw up a divorce contract and told me that the Crofts family would forever look after my mom and I so he could face my Abeulo in heaven when he died.

My motives for entering that marriage were wrong, and I should never have let the emotions that were hurt by Ben control me. Speaking of Ben, a year ago I had told him that I had gotten married to Caleb and that I had no desires of being in a relationship with him. He had not taken the news too well and kept punching the nearest wall until both his fists were bloody.

Ben and I had not spoken since then as shortly afterwards; I packed my bags and bought a ticket on the quickest and furthest flight out of the country. To be honest, that was how I ended up in London, I had chosen to remove myself from the problems that I caused or would have continued causing if I continued living my life in such a destructive way.

Unlike Caleb, there were barely any updates in the gossip columns about Ben, I normally stalked him on instagram and facebook to see what he was up to when I missed him. I knew Crawford Inc was doing well and had recently entered a venture with Yang Culture (Eric's company) to enter new markets in Africa.

As I approached the building which housed my flat, I saw a figure leaning against the building dressed in all back, I was however too caught up in my thoughts to notice the person's facial features until a hand grabbed me and spun me towards the face of the person who it belonged to.