Chapter 26 - Anger & Frustration

Earlier that Morning

Caleb's P.O.V

I woke with a violent headache, I was not sure if it was because of how mad I was at Hazel, or the amount of stress my nutty-hamster caused me in such a short amount of time

I woke with a violent headache, I was not sure if it was because of how mad I was at Hazel, or the amount of stress my nutty-hamster caused me in such a short amount of time. I snatched my phone off the bedstand hoping she replied to my several calls and text messages, and I could feel the pounding in my head increase even faster when I realised she hadn't.

I laughed cynically when I remembered she told me that she had plans the previous night, "How can she easily switch between our marital bed and the bed of that bastard Ben?!" I roared as I got off the empty bed that was still covered with her scent.

I walked straight to the en-suite toilet, turned on the shower and let the hot water run down my body, I was tired of my heart wanting a woman that didn't want me back, I felt stupid for falling for her so quickly like an immature teenager and I felt even stupider for thinking that the marriage could work.

After a couple of minutes, I walked out of the shower with a towel wrapped around my body reminiscing about the time I had my wife in the shower in Hawaii.

"She doesn't want you Caleb." I reminded myself, "She's only interested in playing with men's hearts and stealing their money." I was so sure that she was a certified gold digger.

I let out a deep sigh, "Why did she have to be so pretty?" I thought, maybe if she wasn't so good and innocent looking, I wouldn't have fallen for her charms.

I walked into my walk-in closet and angrily picked out the first suit I saw; Hazel already had me having severe mood swings because of her actions, and to make things worse, I hadn't even known her that long.

In desperation to calm myself down, I opened my Spotify playlist, selected Loyal by Chris Brown and put the song on repeat.

'I wasn't born last night, I know this hoes ain't right.

But you was blowing up her phone last night, But she ain't have a ringer nor her ring on last night ooh

***** that's that nerve

Why give a bitch your heart? when she rather have a purse

Why give a bitch your inch? when she rather have nine'

I sang all the lyrics of the song religiously as I got dressed, growing up as wealthy as I was, I knew that there were some truths to the song.

After playing the song about five times, I decided to miss breakfast because I didn't want any of my family members asking questions about my cheating wife, but just as I was about to make it out the door, my grandfather called my name.

"Caleb, where is my granddaughter?" He annoyingly questioned.

"If I knew where she was, maybe I would be able to give you an answer." I snapped in response.