Chapter 36 - Train Wrecks & Ultimatums

Chapter 36 – Train Wrecks & Ultimatums

Caleb's P.O.V

I sneered at the aunty I never knew until now's threat that she would expose my family if I didn't let Ben marry Hazel and sign over the parental rights of my child to Ben

I sneered at the aunty I never knew until now's threat that she would expose my family if I didn't let Ben marry Hazel and sign over the parental rights of my child to Ben. Did she really think I would give up everything that I had worked so hard for? Did she think I would back down and put my tail behind my legs like a weak little puppy?

"Go on, reveal all our secrets." I calmly urged.

"Do you think I care about anyone in this twisted nuclear family?" I continued.

"As a matter of fact, make sure you do your absolute best to bring down this family, but let me be real with you, I will definitely not give up my wife and my son." I affirmed trying my very best to keep my cool.

"Caleb!" My mother screeched, "Are you really going to drag us through the mud for that fat gold digging slut of yours?!"

"Shut that filthy mouth!" Vivian came to my wife's rescue.

"This is a family affair, stay out of it!" My mother snapped back at Vivian.

"Hazel pie, wake up!" Vivian protested as she walked closer to my wife, "Do you honestly want to marry into this train wreck of a family?"

"Ben and I can take care of you, your mom, and your son. With us you would never lack a thing in your life, not to mention the fact that my son will treat you right, he literally worships the ground you walk on, he has always done so in the past and will definitely continue to do so in the future. Please choose us." Vivian pleaded.

"I......I...." Hazel looked to the floor at a loss of words; it pained me to think she was still so indecisive about being with either me or Ben. I was obviously the correct option, I was better looking, I was richer, I was smarter, and finally she had given birth to my son.

"You can take the whore, but how about I keep my grandchild?" My mother countered offered Vivian.

"Are you crazy Cecelia? You can't keep mother and son apart." My father protested while pulling my mother closer to him.

"Oh I see you have finally grown a pair of balls you low life money laundering thief." My mother spat bitterly at my father catching everyone in the room off guard.

"Marrying you was my biggest mistake, you can't control your son, you can't become CEO or chairman, you have never cared about the welfare of your daughter; you are the most useless tool in a toolbox." My mother harshly professed.

"Everyone Shut the hell up!" My grandfather bellowed.

"How dare you cause so much ruckus in front of my bedroom?!" He screamed.

"Hello father." Vivian Smiled at my grandfather. "It's so nice to finally meet you."

I couldn't believe that the burning red face that just shouted had turned as white as a ghost.

"You...You....You look just like her." My grandfather stammered as he clutched onto his heart.

"You are...... You are......." And just like a movie, my grandfather fell onto the floor as he started to experience a heart attack.

I ran to my grandfather's side trying my best to help him, but nothing seemed to be working. My thoughts soon began to spiral into a place of darkness as I realised that this could be the last time I held the fragile old man in my hands.

"Call an ambulance." I heard my mother screaming at my Dad somewhere in the background; It was weird, noise seemed to be farther and farther away from me, and the light in my eyes seemed to be getting brighter and brighter, I could feel my heart beating faster by the minute, and could feel my fingers trembling. Just when I thought that I was in control of my life, a situation like this threw itself at me. I knew what I was experiencing, I was in a state of shock.

"Caleb! Caleb!" Were the last words I heard before everything went black.

****************

A few hours later, I woke up on a hospital bed attached to a drip, it took me a few minutes to remember what had happen until it dawned on me that my Grandfather had suffered a heart attack.

"Grandfather!" I yelled in panic.

I freed myself from the drip tubes, and immediately dashed for the door. "Please let my 'grandfather be alive." I prayed to the higher power in the sky. As I arrived in the waiting area of the hospital, I could see wanted and unwanted faces seated.

"How is my grandfather?" I asked the argumentative group who currently looked humbled.

"Not good." Hazel replied feeling dejected. "The doctor says that if he doesn't have a Kidney transplant in the next twenty-four hours, he will die."

I grabbed my chest in pain as tears streamed down my eyes.

"It's all my fault, I have tried so hard to find an extended family member that is O positive, but I couldn't find anyone no matter how hard I tried." I confessed covering my face with my hands feeling like an utter failure.

"You obviously didn't try hard enough." Vivian jested "Both Ben and I are O positive".

For the first time today, I heard Ben speak, "I'll give your grandfather a Kidney, if you give me Hazel and Caden."

"Think quickly Caleb, time is ticking," He grinned as he smiled at his limited edition Rolex watch.

______________________________________

Don't you think Ben is getting a bit sinister?

Mega apologies if there are any typos, I really wanted to get this chapter out tonight.

If you like the Chapter don't forget to comment and give it a star ⭐⭐⭐⭐.

My gift to you all today is 

David Sanders ( Caleb's Dad)

_______________________________________