Chapter 5 - Club Exclusive

Chapter 5 – Club Exclusive

"Damn!" Ben said as his eyes took in my look for the night out, a familiar glint flashed in his eyes, and he licked his upper lip slowly. "You look amazing." He whispered without removing his gaze from me. I began to feel my body heating up and my stomach tying itself in knots.

Of course, Ben looked handsome In his slightly unbuttoned denim shirt that showed his crucifix necklace, and the white skinny jeans that hugged his calves showing how fit and muscular he was.

"Doesn't she look nice?" my mom asked interrupting the moment that Ben and I was having. To be honest I did not know if my mother's interruption was a good or a bad thing.

"If she was younger than twenty-one, I would tell her to march back up those stairs, but as you know she's nearly twenty-seven Ben, she needs to enjoy her youth." My mother embarrassingly continued.

"Hazel is gorgeous, anyone that disagrees is an idiot." Ben stated confidently.

"Oh Ben, you're such a charmer. Make sure you take good care of her tonight." My mom said with a yawn.

"Don't worry Ms Hammonds, I won't let her out of my sight." Ben assured.

Within a few minutes, Ben and I were seated in a black chauffeured Mercedes heading for a night out at the newly opened Club Exclusive. He had not spoken a word to me since we got in the car, but I could feel him stealing glances at me. His strange behaviour continued until his chauffeur alerted us that we would be arriving at the fancy new club in a few minutes.

"So...... Your friend that owns the club, how long have you known him?", I inquired breaking the silence that has been looming over us since we left my house. Ben cleared his throat and gave me a mischievous smile before saying "He is actually a friend of a friend; I don't know him that well.".

I smirked before punching Ben "You liar!".

"If I told you that I wasn't too close to the owner, you wouldn't have come!" Ben insisted.

I rolled my eyes at Ben just as the chauffeured pulled over in front of the club's entrance, Ben however ignored my actions, jumped out of the car, and opened the door for me. As I stood up, he placed his hands on the small of my back, then ushered me into the club after flashing a gold invitation card to the bouncers.

Inside the club was beautiful and prestige looking, the walls were painted a dark purple, and the padding against them were a nice violet colour. There were diamond looking decorations encrusted on every wall, and the DJ booth was in the centre of the dance floor with a huge diamond chandelier dangling on top of it.

"Wow, this place is amazing!" I beamed while I took in what was possibly the most upscale club I had ever been to.

"Wait till you see the VIP area." Ben said taking hold of my hand.