Chapter 13 - The Meeting of the families

Chapter 13 – The Meeting of the families

Two weeks had passed since I decided that I will go on with my arranged marriage to Caleb Crofts. My mother had already informed Grandfather Crofts, and preparations were being made for the marriage. I had not spoken to Ben since I last saw him and had ignored all his calls and apologies. My break up with Harry was not up to a percentage of the pain I felt now, and I still cried myself to sleep most nights.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror as I prepared for the meeting of the families that was meant to take place later today; I didn't really feel like meeting new people and definitely did not want to flash fake smiles most of the night. But Grandfather Crofts was so excited about my mom and I meeting our new in-laws that I knew I just had to suck it in and get the night over and done with.

I was wearing a long length purple bodycon dress that covered most of my body, and decided to tie my hair in a neat bun to save time and energy. I rummaged through my jewellery drawer and added dangling purple earrings to the look, and finished up with light makeup.

 I rummaged through my jewellery drawer and added dangling purple earrings to the look, and finished up with light makeup

"This will have to do." I said to the image the mirror reflected back at me. I was just not up to playing dress up.

"You look lovely Mija." My mom admired from the entrance to my room.

"Thanks Mom." I softly replied.

"Mija it isn't too late to pull out now." She advised.

"You haven't been happy for the last couple of weeks, and your happiness means everything to me." She stated.

"I know mom." I whispered

"I just don't want to let grandfather down." I admitted.

"Plus it's not like I have a selection of men asking for my hand in marriage." I joked.

"Nonsense! You can have any man you want." My mother stated making me burst into laughter.

"I love you Mija." My mother said pulling me into a tight hug.

"I love you too mom." I happily replied.

" I happily replied