Chapter 4 - Ben Crawford

Chapter 4 – Ben Crawford

So there I was laying on top of Ben's rock hard body, his pupils dilated as he looked up at me, and I could feel his heart pounding against his chest, his facial expression was hard to read, and an unfamiliar glint flashed in his eyes. Unsure of what to do, I just kept staring at him. His face slowly inched closer and closer to mine and just before he was about to kiss me, his phone rang snapping him out of whatever trance he was under.

Immediately he released his grip on me, I flew off his body creating distance between us. The temperature in the room suddenly felt like it had increased by a significant amount of Celsius, and I could feel sweat forming on my forehead.

Ben reached for the phone in his jeans pocket and frowned at the caller ID.

"Who's calling?" I curiously asked.

"It's Cami." He said feeling slightly irritated.

Cami also known as Camille Smith was a girl that grew up in the same neighbourhood as Ben and I did. She was a famous model with many male prospects, but for some reason still wanted Ben on her arm as her man. Despite her and Ben spending many steamy nights together, Ben wanted nothing more than friendship from her and she never seemed to take no for an answer. In fact, each time Ben refused to enter a relationship with her, she threw tantrums, dated wealthy men for a few months, and would come bouncing back to Ben when the short-lived relationships were over.

"Let me guess, she's broken up with Donald" I said with a quick eye roll causing Ben to laugh.

"Nope, I think her latest ex is called Collin." Ben replied with a cheeky smile.

The ringing of Ben's phone was soon replaced with a ping alerting him he had a message, and when he looked at the message on his phone screen, his face fell even further

"Let me guess, she is blackmailing you with more sex tapes." I said appalled. This was another bad habit Cami had picked up in her pursuit of Ben, they had made many sex tapes together and she always threatened to release them if Ben did not do as she pleased.

"She's toxic Ben, you need to take care of her." I said in disgust.

"You know she had a messed-up childhood." Ben said as he walked towards his Kitchen.

"We all did!" I screamed in unbelief of his bullshit response.

Ben soon returned with two shot glasses and a bottle of tequila, he filled the shot glasses and handed me one. After three shots Ben stared at me for what seemed like forever.

"What is it? Is there something on my face?" I nervously asked.

"You're beautiful.... Incredibly beautiful." He said in a low growl.

He closed the gap between us, positioned himself right next to me on his Sofa, then began to slowly circle my cheeks with the tips of his fingers. Electricity surged through my body at his touch and my breaths began to hitch. I could not understand what was happening, so I jumped to my feet, grabbed my handbag, and said goodbye before rushing out of Ben's apartment door.

                 ****************

The next week easily flew by, I had tried my best to avoid any talks about my wedding to Caleb Crofts with my mom, and had shutdown every invite from Ben to talk or to meetup by lying I was busy or by staying as late as possible at work.

It was finally Friday and after a long week all I wanted to do was soak in my tub and play some good music. In fact, when the time clocked five, my bag was already packed, and I had shut down my computer. I waved goodbye to my colleagues and happily made my way to the exit.