Rebound-40

It felt strange, as I regained consciousness, I saw myself standing at the edge of the road. I was sceptical at first but as I moved closer, I could recognise my school uniform. I was smiling looking down at my phone, the signal was red but there was a strange ominous feeling an uneasiness, like ants crawling all over me.

There was a screeching sound of something.

I turned and saw a car rushing from the other side moving towards me. I was still standing there, reading. I jumped out to push myself away but my feet were glued to the ground. Helplessly I shook my head, I was about to get hit but I couldn't do anything. The car was about to hit me but I had no clue, my eyes glued to the screen.

Thud.

I closed my eyes in fear hoping I would wake up from this nightmare even if I returned to werewolf world, that would be better than this.

Dark red blood splattered formed a pool around the body, my body. The car turned to the other side and stopped, the driver unconscious. A passing car stopped, someone hurriedly got off and called on his phone. The person tried to pick me up and carry me. The forehead was bleeding and the arms just plopped down lifelessly, the clothes blood stained. 

My insides shook in disgust, I felt acid rising up my throat. Was I dead? I felt like crying as I saw the scene unfold but I couldn't feel my tears. I had no body just a consciousness which was seeing everything. Was this the memory Estelle was talking about? I was losing my mind my head throbbed in pain, clutching my hair in agony, my knees felt weak and I just felt.

Was all of this true?

Was I dead?

Will I never go back?

Did I steal someone's life?

All these thoughts surged in my head and  I cried without tears wishing everything to stop. I wanted it to stop, but it didn't.

I didn't how much time I had passed crying to myself or blaming and overthinking. As I slowly opened my eyes, I was in a different place, a hospital. In front of me was my body attached with tubes, leg hoisted up and covered with bandage, face covered by white bandages, I could easily understand that the body was in critical condition. It was like a movie playing in front of me but here I was the character in it.

With a creak the door opened and a doctor came in behind them were my parents. My blood rushed and heart throbbed when I saw the faces I had longed for, I wished I could hug them and tell them how much I loved them but this was just a memory, my past and yet my head ached in anticipation of what has to come as I didn't remember anything.

"It's been a month, there's a very low possibility of her waking up," said the doctor.

I saw my mother, the tears escaping the corner of her eyes. Dad's face paled as he tried hard to control himself, he was in pain too.

The doctor gave a reassuring look and said, "Take your time." After that he left.

I saw my mother crouch down near the bed holding my hand. Her tear stained visage was shattering my heart.

"She will wake up, we can't let her go," she said looking back.

"We won't let her go," said my wiping the tears off his face.

My insides twisted, now I knew why she said I wished to forget it, why I went there, why I asked her to do so. It was all my fault. I buried my face in my hands, it felt like my head was exploding. I felt nauseous, my knees turned weak. Why did this happen? I wanted to forget this, but I couldn't, I myself asked for this.

I wanted everything to stop, I couldn't have seen more of it but I just couldn't wake up. I slowly lifted my face and found myself in complete darkness. Everything around me was black. Suddenly I heard a sobbing sound, someone was crying. I moved ahead, a small figure shriveled up, it was me. In a second the darkness vanished and I was floating in the night sky. A golden hair woman slowly approached the crouched figure.

"Are you okay?" Estelle asked bending down.

I looked up at her with wet eyes. "I am freaking not, can't you see me crying and who are you?"

Estelle seemed surprised but soon smiled and meeting my eye level said, "I am one of the blessed by moon goddess and just wanted to console you."

"Are you an angel?" I said looking up.

"No, you are not dead yet," she said getting up.

"Are you dead or what? My body is crippled and I cannot wake back up. I don't know if I'll be able to get up or not."

"I am not dead and so are you. Your body has been wasted but your time hasn't come yet so you're still alive. You might not be able to wake up but your consciousness will stay," she said in a grave manner like giving a sermon.

I saw myself crying, her words were a bit too harsh and coarse, she spoke with no care.

"I don't want parents to suffer just because of me, even when I can't wake up," said my sobbing self.

"Maybe I can help you but you'll have to help me," said Estelle.

_____________________________

*Sneezes indistinctly*

I thought I would update on new year but I couldn't, I wasn't feeling well. I wanted to inform but even if I made an announcement on my profile it would have been useless.

Does this death part seems too weird? I was reminded of telenovelas while writing it. I don't wish this book to be like a telenovela though. 

Don't forget to vote and I am thinking of changing the title so keep the book in your library or reading list.