Pretend

I looked out from the window, we were about to reach. It was a quaint, lively town area which I was glad to see after being in isolated palace and forest.

"Alex, I am counting on you," I said as we took a turn and the crowd lessened, we were about to reach.

He nodded and said, "I have mind linked him, as an Alpha he will relay the information to your parents."

"Are you sure he won't blabber arrogantly?" I was apprehensive, he was neither trustworthy not responsible.

He almost chuckled but held in his smile.
"He isn't that bad," he defended.

"Not from my experience," I sighed.

"Mate bond often changes behaviour of people temporarily as the wolf part goes stronger when a mate is found," he said gravely.

"I think I have forgotten everything," I replied, digesting the information. There was more to this place than trivial werewolf books.

The carriage came to an halt and Alex went out first to help me get down. We were in a large lawn accompanied by a garden where further ahead was a mansion, I am pretty sure all the alpha's are rich forming an aristocratic ruling faction. As I took his hand to step down, I heard a shrill voice pierce my ears.

"Mayyyy!"

As my feet touched the ground two arms coiled around my waist pressing me in a tight hug.

"I missed you so much," she said snuggling in.

It was a sturdy little blonde girl who probably knew the original owner. Though uncomfortable I was not heartless enough to push away  a little kid.

"Who are you?" asked Alex in a sweet voice, crouching down to the level of the child.

Ignoring him like she never heard, she looked up at me with here bubbly eyes and asked, "Where is she?"

"Who?" I questioned as I saw Alex move towards the other side where the Alpha was talking with another huge beastly man.

"My sister," she said perhaps annoyed.

"Can you tell me who is your sister?" I asked innocently.

A frown formed on her cute little face, she was really adorable.

"Why are you acting like that?" she said her arms folded and lips pursed in displeasure, reminding me of Grumpy the dwarf.

"Let her be Melissa," said a heavy grave voice.

I turned to find the previous beastly man talking to us.

"Why is sister not back, father?" she asked eagerly. "May is acting strangely too."

"Your sister is taking care of her mate's pack darling," he said affectionately patting her hair. "May is having trouble remembering things due to an injury."

So she was Beatrice's sister and that person is Beatrice's dad, the alpha.

"May are you okay?" she questioned worriedly, tucking the side of my dress.

"I am quite alright, I will just need a little help in remembering things." I took her hands and then said eagerly, "Will you help me?"

"Of course, you are my friend," she said proudly and then added,"if you didn't remember."

"Melissa go in and tell your uncle that May is here," he ordered.

She scurried away and Alex came back. She was so cute I thought to myself as I watched her go.

"This is the Alpha," introduced Alex.

"I could guess," I said looking at the massive strong figure which held little resemblance to Beatrice.

"We should take you to our pack doctor for checking the injury again," said the Alpha, looking for any signs of injury. "Where did you get hurt?"

"On my head," I hurriedly replied, "the injury is more internal, I have already been shown to two doctors. There's no need to worry further on it."

"I don't know if you can recall because you couldn't even remember Melissa, but you're like my daughter May. How can I not worry when you were in a place like that?"

He seemed a bit angry though it was not visible on his face, his way of speaking gave away his displeasure.

"We went to royal doctor in the capital, as you know how the new king generously treats his subjects," explained Alex, "this doesn't need medicine but understanding and patience."

He gave him an dim glance and turned to me saying, "Let's head back to see some old memories."

I nodded moving forward when suddenly I saw a woman with long black hair and sturdy figure standing a little ahead of me and another man coming up from behind.

"Mom," I said almost automatically, the way she looked at me and from the way I resembled her left no doubt.

"May," she said and then moving forward she circled her warm arms around me pulling me close. I don't know what it was that made me so emotional but suddenly I found myself crying, clinging to her like a toddler.

"It's okay," she said patting my head but my tears didn't stop. How much I wished to hold my real family like that.

Burying my face in her embrace I wept all my sorrow and she patiently held me, everything surrounding me went blank.
Finally when I looked up at her tear eyed, she cupped my cheeks with her hands and wiped the tears with her thumbs.

"May, I am here and so is your father, you don't have to be sad anymore."

I nodded and looked at the heavily built man with black eyes just like the ones which are of this body standing beside us.

"My brave little daughter," he said warmly ruffling my hair with his hands proudly.

I smiled and hugged him too. Maybe it was because I was missing my real family too much, I couldn't help myself or act rationally. Though they weren't really for me, I was hungry for their caresses and affection.

"How long is everyone going to stand here," said the Alpha.

"I have your favourite cakes saved for you, let's go before Melissa finds them," she said smiling.

I suddenly found a new family but everything was so lovely. As I followed them I saw Alex going towards the other direction. He can't probably follow me here like a guard as it would be too suspicious; I have found my freedom atleast temporarily.

________________________________

Thank you so much everyone. It's my first book with 10k views.💜

(〒﹏〒)♪┌|∵|┘♪ └|∵|┐♪♪~(´ε` )(~‾▿‾)~