The War -16

Assuming modesty when my inner greed wished to covet that wealth was hard yet I asked the queen to choose for me. Nevertheless it was right, I stood upright while being weighed down by the uncomfortable but pretty outfit. I couldn't walk easily nor could even breathe in completely, my waist was bound by strings and I could feel my inner organs getting displaced. Waiting for someone is irritating but getting dressed up and waiting for someone is more irritating. It was the time of declaration, I and the Queen were to attend it soon.

The queen had told me what would happen in the announcement. Usually the next queen also had to address the people but I didn't have to worry about that as Arthur will take care of it.

Clove came and asked us to go. I nervously get out of the room while trying not to trip in the elaborate dress I had worn.

Moving towards the balcony I saw Arthur standing there already with the King. The sun was descending down and the sky was a colour palette of various orange shades. The balcony was huge and as I went further I saw an enormous crowd looking above at me.

"By the honour of moon goddess I swear, I have served this kingdom with all I have. The cherished earth which gave me and my people life, I wish to serve it more but the time demands a new era. "

This reminds me of my principal's speeches. I hated them so much. I looked at Arthur standing behind the king with a solemn expression. Some people in the crowd must have stopped listening even.

"But I shall say no more as the holy great sun sets another sun rises for our kingdom. I shall have the new Alpha address you as I bid adieu to what has been mine so long."

The queen moves forward elegantly with her head held high. Her attitude and manner were something I couldn't fathom to get.

"It is my belief that actions speak louder than words so I shall speak no more than needed. I wish to leave the estimate of my worthiness as a Luna to everyone and I seek pardon for any mistake I might have made. Lord bless the new Alpha and Luna, I shall step back to bless them."

Arthur steps forward and and says, "By the moon goddess, I swear.."

Again, come on can't they just end it. My legs will go numb till they end this. I look towards the queen who wore a smile full of satisfaction on her face while the king looked proud of his son.

"The moon kingdom with the devious intentions to harm the silver kingdom had tried to harm the very next queen of our lands. With much tolerance we had forgiven them before but it aches my heart to say that forgiving them was just a foolish mistake. The mistake which will remain engraved in my soul and make me repent it for my whole life. They used silver poison."

There was a sudden eruption of sound from the crowd. People were shocked on hearing those words an indistinct chatter started.

Arthur further continues to tell that I was the one who was poisoned and I could make out faces of people gasping in the revelation.

"I am blessed by the people of this land, it is their blessings upon this land that the queen survived something which could kill even the strongest warriors. It abhors me to think how much they wish to hate our glory and devise such conspiracies to watch our fall. But, we shall stand with our heads held high to show our strength and unity. There is yet another trial set upon us and with much sorrow I declare that the silver poison killed the wolf of my mate and her memory remains altered. "

Another wave of gasps and murmurs began. I was kinda bored because I really couldn't connect with their emotions, I had no lord or land here, this was not my world.

"It is heart wrenching but I must confess, the attack has left the queen incapable of carrying her duties out as a perfect Luna.
A fire of revenge burns through my skin, a grave sin has been committed. "

I know something serious is going but can't he just get over with it. Be the king and then let me do my thing. Oh ! It rhymes.

Be the king, let me do my thing, cause I got the diamond ring bling, bling.

Maybe I should introduce rapping in this world and after he leaves me I will get famous.

"It is complete destruction of the moon kingdom, the justice for the queen, my mate."

Wait, what ?

"Let's call for the war to show our welcome to the new Luna."

Several howls are heard and a loud sound is formed from their unison. Arthur looks at me with his hand forward in my direction.

I think it's my turn to go.

I take a step trying to maintain the same elegance as my predecessor but that is when I step on my own dress.

Shit ! I had said that it was too long. It's a cliché so he should catch me in his arms, right ?

I landed on my face.

_____________________________________

I'll proof read it soon.

Don't forget to vote ☺️.

Did you like this chapter? Any feedback would be highly appreciated.