Regrets

Both questions and happiness was followed by Estelle's return, the ecstasy overpowered logic for most, but not for Arthur. Estelle's weakness and her son depicting the inability to escape and fear of Cedric seemed to work on people but I was still in fear. Cedric was still alive, though his words had lost credibility, wouldn't they invoke questions? Questions unanswered haunt minds of curious. What if answers are sought?

As I walked around aimlessly watching the preparations being made and people bowing to me, I was scared.

"Ouch," I said, my toe had hit the corner of a vase stand.

"Are you okay?"

I nodded, it was Beatrice's mate. "How is Beatrice doing? Do you know?"

"Alex has sent a message that everything is under control and fine though your friend has made some new rules. I will look into it when I get back," he replied in his heavy voice. His hand was scarred.

"Thank you," I said leaving.

Would she forgive him? I don't know. If Alex was here, he might have made my stress less. 

Knocking, I went inside Estelle's room. "We have to talk?" I said locking the door.

"Arthur won't believe anything Cedric says," she said.

"How can you be sure? What will happen if he finds out?" I asked my words fumbling one over the other with the anxiety of not having control and understanding the situation playing with me.

"I won't let anything happen to you." Her hands were pressed against my shoulders, once again trapping me within her web. Cedric was evil and probably psychotic in plain sight but what was Estelle? Were her actions justified?

"Set me free. I don't want to marry Arthur. I don't care about your world." These words were stuck in my throat, uttering them would deprive me of the security she gave. She wanted to prevent the war but Arthur fought for finding her. She was hiding to find a way to make Arthur the king for future stability to reduce his sorrow. She used her abilities for him when she could have used them for herself. Does she deserve the powers like Cedric said? She lives in an unjust world but she constantly herself rejects the idea of using her strength, she stands by waiting to give want she has quietly. I don't know if she's wrong or right? Should I blame her not?
If this was book, I would have easily overlooked deaths, this was a real world for me. Beatrice has suffered because of it.

Every fairytale is a hidden dystopia for someone else .

"Are you fine? Why are you so quiet?"

"Nothing, I was just nervous," I said blankly walking away.

"Where are you going?" she asked reaching out for my hand.

"I want to be alone. I have to clear my head."

My mind was numb only the sound of my steps echoed in my head. Beatrice isn't here to help me out. The blood oath. Arthur's promise that he would complete my one wish if I followed my part. Beatrice used it against him, can I save myself from it?

There was no doubt in what I had to ask. I knew what I wanted, no more deaths.

"Can you tell me where is his Highness right now?" I asked stopping a palace attendent.

"Your Highness must be in the East wing," she said curtly.

Thanking her I walked past the curious eyes observing me. Arthur stood there talking to Beatrice's mate in the hall. I questioned whether I should interrupt them or not, watching the preparations being made in the palace.