The Revenge-11

"I think it's rather improper, Your Highness, to let your subjects see such a scene," I said trying to distance myself from him. Either he is a mate obsessed maniac or his wolf has taken over him. I don't have any choice but to be on his good side, which by default setting I was.

Should I play along or object that was I not his mate?

"Turn around," he said while releasing me from his arms.

I looked back to find the entire hall empty. A slight fear crept up as I scanned the entire room, Alex or even that attendent were no longer in sight

"I already mind linked them to leave," he said holding me from back. "You don't have to worry about anything."

Taking a deep breath I look back to find him smiling. "You don't know how much I have searched for you. "

I gently pushed his hand away. "Let's sit and talk." He didn't seem dangerous but lovestruck. With his looks I don't think any girl would reject him yet he was so lovesick.

"I shall do anything for you my mate," he said sitting in front of me.

I feel like cringing at it, he is already calling me mate. I am not into desperate type guys who have only one condition for a girlfriend which is she should be a girl. I can't say this to him because I want my head attached to my neck.

"Your highness I think it is too early to address me in such a manner, from what I know is that there's a fair chance that I might not be so," I said in most nice manner I could.

"But I wish to believe that you are my mate that can be the only reason for which you were attacked," he said calmly.

Was he even qualified to be the king? To believe anyone even with the slightest evidence. He didn't look possessive like Beatrice's mate, he was just too unreal.

"Do you sense my wolf, smell or anything that let's you know that I am your mate?" I said with the same calmness.

"No, but," he said but I interrupted him, "Your Highness I feel that you would not want to lose your real mate just by a hastened decision. This is just not about me, for we are talking about the future Queen who shall lead all the people with, a wrong choice here might be a reason of future destruction."

He sat in silence, his mouth covering his hand, staring at me probably he was contemplating his mistake.

He placed both his hands on the arms of the chair and kept his legs one above another. Something about him felt different when he asked smiling, "Aren't you too clever for a person who has just lost their memory?"

"I am just stating what I know, I don't wish to deceive you and take what's not mine," I said.

This isn't what I had expected, what is he implying?

"If only you were dumb and had fallen for me like others," he says with a sigh.

Well, reading all those werewolf clichés is finally of some use to me.

"Well I am not good at acting so I am gonna tell you what you need to know to avoid inconvenience," he said resting his face on one hand and looking at me.

"To become the king I need my real mate, without it I cannot claim the throne. To prevent me from doing so they attacked my only weakness, mate."

I should really fix my a habit of talking in between, this doesn't do me any good. Beatrice was right he is just using this as an excuse to attack them.

"Do you really want your mate?" I ask to confirm my thoughts.

"Maybe, but not more than my throne, my revenge. Those cowards couldn't touch me so they played this cheap trick. Seems like Moon Goddesses is on my side for you are alive. What I need is not a mate but a queen to be the king and from what I guess is that you're perfect for it."

"You just want a puppet to act the part of your mate to execute your plans," I said bluntly, dropping all my assumed etiquette.

"You sure are smart. I hope that you are smart enough to know that you can't escape now. I am willing to negotiate as I believe in a fair exchange. You act as the queen and I shall give you what you want; money, jewellery and every luxury you wish for shall be there with you in the palace. So do you want anything, my mate?"

I am done for.

________________________

I'll proof read it soon, feel free to tell me about any mistake in comments.

Don't forget to vote.