Extra-At the Ball (Arthur)

Finally, I was able to escape from the cliques of people talking useless things and be near the dessert table.

"I am truly exhausted," I said as I took a chocolate pastry.

"I don't even remember the count of people who asked you about Arthur," said Beatrice chuckling. "I have heard that there's a new sweet made especially for today's ball."

"We have to try that."

I started looking around. I needed to replenish my energy after everything I had to go through. I had met almost all the people who had written those love letters, in short, it was an unpleasant. experience.

A clap was heard, it was Estelle sitting on the throne. Everyone stood quiet and looked up. "Let the first dance of the ball begin," she said. The music started as her words ended. Alphas who had to greet her started lining up. I wondered where was Arthur, he would be usually beside Estelle. Well, why should I care? I thought and went back to the quest of trying sweets.

"Beatrice, have you tried that almond-"

I lost my footing and found my face pressed against someone's chest. "Pardon me," I blurted automatically.

"I can't forgive you."

Arthur stood in front of me cladded in black. I knew that we would match our outfits if I wore black.

"What-"

"You have to dance with me and only then will I be able to forgive you," he said and took my hand dragging me against my will.

"Beatrice," I said looking back. She was waving a bye with a wine glass in her other hand, laughing at me.

I looked around and found various eyes following me like a predator who keeps an eye at their prey. The music grew louder and my sweets were farther. There were people dancing the elegant ballroom waltz. Beatrice had already taught me the basic steps before so as to not make me lose my face in the social circles.

With one hand behind my waist while the other holding my hand we joined the couple dancing together but unlike them we weren't looking at each other with love.

"Why did you do this?" I whispered with a forced smile,
dancing along. The music was loud and we were too close. Nobody but him would hear it.

"So that you could easily forgive yourself. Also, your outfit completely matches mine; we look like a couple."

"First, I am not good at this waltz. I might crush your foot any second. Also, almost half of the woman at this ball match with you."

"Well till now my feet are fine," he said smiling.

"Well, that won't be for long," I said copying his smile. I tried best to take my revenge trying to hurt his thick skin by my foot.

Suddenly he turned, almost lifting me up from the floor, completely overpowering me with his lead.

"Slow down, I can't follow your tricks," I said but he decided push me away and then at the next moment pulled me closer.

"That would give you a chance to stomp my foot," he said. "You have lost your memories, lest you would have known my skills before challenging me."

His steps got quicker; it didn't seem like waltz anymore. I felt like I could fall any moment. Before I could tell him to stop, I lost my balance, thankfully, he supported me up just in time.

"You don't have to pretend to faint this time. I caught you," he whispered near my ears slowing down while grinning.

Taking the opportunity at hand, I crushed his foot, not literally but at least his smirk was no longer visible.