Fool

Dedicated to Royal_D_Sage

You know, the situations which are so embarrassing that you just wish to faint and escape them. Well this is exactly what I did.

I didn't open my eyes or moved and faked unconsciousness. The howling stopped and I heard footsteps approaching me. Something touches me but I don't budge.

"Arthur take her and call the doctor. We will control the crowd," said the queen.

Two arms coil around me and I feel being lifted up. He starts walking but I still don't open my eyes.

"Don't follow me. Go call the doctor, prepare warm water for her. It must be from weakness by silver poison."

Probably any servant was there. Good, I don't have to think of some excuse.

After a while I feel someone breathing against my ear.

"I saw you tripping."

I am not giving in. I fainted, I am not accepting anything else. Maybe he's just testing if I am awake or not.

"You stepped on your dress."

He knows. I open my eyes to see Arthur's face close to mine. For a moment I feel flustered but I push away his handsome face effects and say, "It would have been better to help instead of watching me fall."

A smile breaks on his face and he says,"I thought you wouldn't fall."

Should I just punch him in the face?

"Well I did and in front of more than a hundred people."

"I couldn't have caught you in time and I am the one carrying you right now."

We reach the end of the hallway and he kicks open the door. I see a big bedroom with a majestic bed and furniture. Having every possible thing needed for comfort.

"Whose room is it?" I asked as he laid me on the soft sheets.

"Mine," he says sitting beside me.

There was an awkward silence and I break it by saying, "I guess I looked pitiful like you said."

"More like a fool but it can be covered up." Touching my forehead he continues, "are you hurt anywhere?"

"As if you care," I said turning to my side, "you didn't even tell me clearly what I was supposed to do."

"I am sorry. I was too busy in the preparations. I didn't have time to check up on you."

"You don't have to check up on me, I don't care about seeing you. Just send me the instructions through some letter."

"Uhm, okay. You just rest and I will look after everything else," he says getting up.

He leaves the room and I close my eyes to sleep, trying to forget the pain of my nose being smashed against the floor.

____________________________________

A soft hand carresed my cheek.

"Mom?" I said adjusting my eyes to the light.

"May are you okay ? Should I bring something."

I see Beatrice sitting near me. How many times I am gonna wake up like this and see Beatrice beside me?

Getting up I say,"It's okay, I am fine."

"I was so worried when I heard this, I came running here." She hands me a glass of water and I gulp it down. It was Arthur's room. The morning sunlight was beaming in through the window. It seem as if an angel is taking care of me.

"Everyone came to see you, the pack doctor told us that it might be a side effect of silver poison."

"You don't have to worry anymore let us return to the prince's palace," I said getting off the bed, "can you ask Clove to bring some clothes for me?"

I am not walking in this dress again. He can do whatever he wants, I am just going to live quietly in the silver palace while trying to find a way to go back. I am not bothered about the duties of a queen and kingdom.

"I will call Clove but I don't think we are going back."

"What do you mean?"

"The former queen, your mother in law was here. In front of me she ordered the servants to prepare for your stay here."

"Was Arthur there? Didn't he say anything?"

"He wasn't here but why do you wish to go back. Although the coronation couldn't happen, yet you're now proclaimed as the queen. The king himself declared this and informed everyone of your weakness."

"That means I have to live here?"

"All the Queens live in the main palace to assist the king in ruling and now you're our Queen."

____________________________________

Don't forget to vote.

Also thanks for reading 💜