Beatrice

When I woke up the room was empty and I succumbed to routine while awaiting change. The blinding sunshine pierced my eyes as I drew the blinds, reminding me that I had gotten up late; it didn't matter though, I had nothing to do.

After getting ready when I was looking in the mirror, I saw a note lying under the weight of an ornament. As I sat down to read it a knock on the door was heard. My visitors were rather limited and not moving, I permitted the entry.

Beatrice came in with a tray in her hand lavished with food and sat beside me on the bed.

"Is it a love letter?" she asked leaning on me like a child, peeking to see the contents.

"More of a royal order," I said nonchalantly, handing over the note to her.

"At noon come to the training grounds," she read aloud.

"How beautiful and eloquent are its words," I said sarcastically, enjoying her dumbfounded reaction.

"Maybe it's an suprise romantic outing for you," she dramatically told stretching her hands up in the air.

"What has gotten into you today? You seem to be in a really good mood." She looked really cheerful and excited unlike her usual demeanor of grave seriousness pondering over the war preparations.

"I don't know," she said shaking her head "there's something in the air, I guess."

I couldn't understand what she meant and stopping the chatter I focused on eating.

"Why don't wear the jewellery the queen had given?" she asked walking towards the dresser.

My mouth was stuffed so I didn't reply but I wasn't gonna wear them as they weren't my own but his real mate's.

When I have no reply she stated that she would choose for me and started looking through all the ornaments.

After I finished eating she presented all her choices for me to wear and I politely declined all of them.

"I am not interested in jewellery," I lied to stop her.

"You're impossible to persuade," she said.

"Let's go it's noon already," I said smiling at my victory.

"Wait a second, stay here I am coming back," she suddenly said and left the room.

I was wondering where she had gone when she came back with pink carnation flowers, same as the one's Alex had given me.

"Why did you bring them?" I asked.

"Don't act like you don't know, I saw it in the book kept there."

"But-"

"I am going to decorate your braid with them. The king will be happy to see his queen with the flowers he gave her," she said while already starting to tie my hair.

She didn't know who gave the flowers but I did. It would be really awkward if I meet Alex.

"Still -"

She again interrupted me. "You can't decline this too, I am not going to listen."

I sighed and gave in, maybe I won't see him today.

__________________________

Walking through maze of the palace ways, I finally reached the training area. A vast plain ground of trimmed grass which later merged with the forest stretched endlessly in front of me. At one side there were soldiers dueling with sword and shield and on the other side were wolves fighting.

"Beatrice do you see him anywhere?"

I had forcefully dragged her here with my excuse if getting lost in the palace. When she didn't reply I looked towards her, she seemed to be sniffing something.

"Looking for someone?" said a voice behind me.

Startled I turned around to see the speaker and found Alex standing in an armour with a sword.

"Good to see you again Alex, we are looking for the king," told Beatrice.

"May I lead the way," he says in a gentleman like manner.

I nod and we both follow him. The sound of swords clanging and wolves growling diminishes as we walk further.

"How is the training going?" asks Beatrice.

"The younger wolves are pretty hard to handle," he tells pointing out to a group of wolves fighting. "They are ready to fight but not willing to practice techniques and ethics."

"From what I know, kidnapping doesn't seem ethical to me."

Alex looks towards her and then me. Caught in an awkward silence, Beatrice laughs it off by saying, "Don't feel guilty Alex, I know it wasn't your fault."

Alex smiles and says,"the carnations smell wonderful."

Maybe he said this to change the topic but I explained, "It was her idea to use them."

"Of course it was my idea, she was more keen on keeping them preserved in between book pages."

Before I could turn towards him to see his reaction, a huge dome like building catches my attention. It was probably made from sandstone and was spread across a large area.

"So this is what it's like," says Beatrice gazing at it like me.

As we move up the stairs towards the entrance a sound of people cheering overpowers every voice. As I walk in past the guards standing, I hear a faint sound saying, "welcome to the arena."

_________________________

😅Hi, I really appreciate that you use a little part of your time to read my book. I had a ton of work piled up from my online classes which led to delayed updates.

Don't forget to vote.