Estelle

"Looks like she's waking up," were the first words I heard as I regained consciousness. I groaned as I opened my eyes, wishing I would see my parents. I just wanted to go back after dying but I was alive and still in that strange world.
In front of me was the same girl I saw before I fainted.

"Where am I?" I asked getting up, rubbing my eyes as I felt dizzy.

"Inform the healer that the stranger has woken up," she shouted.

It was a dimly lit hut and I was lying on strange bed covered with animal hide. This life couldn't have gone worse unless they were cannibals and I was about to be cooked.

"Are you fine?" she asked handing me some water.

Parched, I gulped it down not knowing whether they would harm me or not, her  lwords didn't seem credible at all after being like that.

"Why did you chase me?" I asked weakly in anticipation. My back was still hurting and I had no strength.

"You were an intruder," she informed.

"I was just lost and then I heard someone crying," I explained.

"We could figure that out, that's the reason you are alive," she said non chalantly like a person's life was just a plaything. "Can you get up?"

"Yeah," I said as I slowly tried to stand struggling a bit as my legs wobbled, I was injured by the fall.

"I'll help you," she said then supported me in her arms. We both walked out together. It was way past evening and the  moon was covered by the clouds, maybe someone would come looking for me. In front of me was what seemed like a small village made hidden in the forest. Several small huts similar to the one I was in were present. There were several people out, everyone's gazed fixed on me with apprehension. They looked at me curiously, inspecting my behaviour. Most of them wore clothes made of animal hide while some did have the normal ones. She knocked at the rough wooden door of one of the cottages which looked a bit bigger than others. Then we entered in.

"I never thought you would find me," a voice said.

At those words the other girl immediately left the room probably the order was mindlinked.

The room was stark dark with only a little faint light of lamp making visible a little area of the room. The side I could see had a rack full of flowers, leaves, herbs, mortar and pestle along with some other equipments. From the other side of the room approached a womanly figure, she came forward and stopped in front of me. Her features visible from the lamps light, I knew at once who it was.

Bright golden locks more beautiful than real gold, blue eyes that shone like a diamond. Arched eyebrows similar to Arthur's and an aquiline nose. The heart of the silver kingdom, Estelle.

I looked at her bewildered, she was very much alive and beautiful, even though she was wearing normal commoner clothes. My speculations were indeed true, she had hidden herself in the forest.

"So you do remember me," she said with a smile. "Sit, you're injured, let me check you."

"Wait a minute, you know me?" I asked confused.

She placed her hands on my shoulders and directed me to a chair making me sit.
Taking my ankle in her hands she said, "Your ankle is swollen."

"You don't have to do this," I said moving away my feet, "how do you know me?"

She intently observed me and then got up. She came back with a piece of cloth which had a strong strange smell. She started wrapping it around my ankle.

"I don't know how to explain you but I never thought you would come and find me," she said.

Did she know me? What is she referring to? Can she send me back?

A tsunami of questions flooded at her words. "We know eachother since when?" I asked.

"Do you know who I am?" she asked getting up after bandaging my ankle.

"You are queen Estelle of moon kingdom, who ran away from her own mate."

She brought another chair and sat in front of me. I was getting impatient not know whether she knew something about the real me or not, her behaviour and questions did seem right. There was something she was hiding, unwilling to tell it.

"What's my name?" I asked decisively.

She refrained from answer and I reiterated my words grasping her hand so she doesn't get up again.

"What are you hiding? You said you knew me so tell me my name."

"Lillian."

The words took a second to register, my real name. After a long time I had heard it, my own name, not the one that belonged to this body. A hope swelled in me, the wish of going back was coming true. Ecstatic, I hugged her getting up.

"Tell my name?" I said.

"Lillian," she said faintly.

Automatically tears rolled down my eyes. I never knew that it would feel so good to hear my real name again. I had started thinking that I had gone insane but this word was the proof of my life, my world.

"Why did you come here?" she asked as I pulled away.

"To go back," I said pouring out everything in my head, "can you send me back? You know where I came from."

"I can't send you back," she said softly.

"Then how did I come here? You must know how I entered this world, send me back the same way. I don't even want to be here," I said in hysteria of feelings. I didn't really understand anything. I just wanted to go back as soon as possible. I didn't care how I came or what happened. I just wanted to get back, hug my parents and tell them that I loved them.

She placed her hands on my shoulders and made me sit, looking in my eyes she said, "You yourself agreed to come here."

____________________________________

Sorry for the late update. 😅

So what do you think? What could it be?

Sorry to leave you hanging, you can check my poetry book in mean time, if you want.

Also, don't forget to vote.😉