Alive

"Who hasn't? She was the heart of our empire. It was in her presence when we had amicable relations with Silver Kingdom but, how did you know about her?"

He seemed to be reminiscing something and I couldn't discern much of his thoughts.

"The queen told me of her and she broke down as she spoke so I got curious. Can I ask how did she die?"

"A rogue attack," he said calmly.

"Another rogue attack, how could this happen to her?" It sounded dubious for a royal to die like that.

"It was a shock for everyone. The official record stated that she often ventured in the forest without any guards. When she didn't return after a whole day had passed, the whole forest was searched. She couldn't be found anywhere, all they got was her bloodied outfit near the river which joined the sea. Her scent had disappeared from that place, even after many inspections she couldn't be found. It was concluded that her body must have flown into the sea."

"This all seems pretty suspicious. How could this happen?" Estelle had a strong wolf, she couldn't have died just by this.

"Nothing was clear but it wasn't thought that someone would kill their own mate."

He paused and looked at me with concern. "You seem tensed, don't worry anything like this won't happen to you. Due to this incident we got apprehensive of silver kingdom."

"No, I am alright," I reassured him to dwell on the matter further,"how did get to know about the conspiracy regarding his mate?"

"Our espionage system was activated again there. After the marriage it was disbanded but when they came back to work the suspicion grew stronger from the information brought. It was then we realised what was being done in shadows of fake cordiality."

"Are you sure Estelle is dead?"

"I don't know. Sometimes I feel the first war was fought not just because of the mate but for finding princess Estelle."

I thought right, she couldn't have been dead. This must be her plan to escape. Estelle is the main character, she must be the one with answers as she can forsee things. She faked her death to make Cedric suspend his plans. But why didn't she return Arthur got to know of his plans. What am I missing out? Arthur possibly didn't care for his mate and his revenge is probably related to Estelle.

It seems as if I suddenly a lot of puzzle pieces were disclosed in front of me but I don't know how to place them.

Arthur wanted to find Estelle and this made him ambitious to become the king and occupy silver kingdom. To prevent him from being the Cedric decided to kill his mate. Estelle is still missing but why?

I should have read Sherlock Holmes more than wattpad. I read Agatha Christie's books but not many.

"You seem lost."

I stopped my thoughts to look around, Alex was standing in front of me with pink carnation flowers in his hands.

"I guess I was wondering about something. These flowers are really pretty."

"Maybe you should put them in your braid, they will look prettier than before."

The line was kinda cheesy but I love compliments.

"Thanks," I said taking them, "but I will keep them as a souvenir from you."

"I guess that's all I can give to you." I could read his expression, his feelings for me were evident.

"Why do you love me?" I asked.

He really didn't have a reason to fall in love with me. Why did he get so much attached with me in such a short time?

"The heart has its reasons," he stopped and looked me in the eyes and then turned away.

"I read it somewhere," he told taking a step back. "I should go now."

Why did I unnecessarily blabber when he was trying to be friends with me? I made him uncomfortable again and he left.

I am tired of sitting and waiting for things to happen. How should I find Estelle?

___________________________

Don't forget to vote.