Dreams Come True

I woke up and saw an angel sleeping beside me on a big wooden bed. The bright royal blue colored sheets caught my eyes they had a beautiful pattern sewn on it with a gold coloured thread, this thing was too damn beautiful to be used as a bed sheet. I shifted and peered down to see the body beside me. She had long thin eyelashes and shining silver hair. She was so pretty; I tugged a strand of her hair that was falling on her face behind her ear. She suddenly opened her eyes, they were emerald and had slight olive green specks in them.

Wait! How the hell could someone wake up in their dream?

"May are you fine?" she asked as she got up and stretched her arms. The white thin arms had several cuts, she groaned in pain lowering them back.

"I am fine but who are you?" I asked dumbfounded. Was I dead and God had given me a last wish of seeing werewolves? What the hell was happening?

Her soft hands cupped my face and she asked me with a worried expression,
"What happened? What are you asking?"

I reiterated my words and her eyebrows furrowed in an arch, unable to comprehend with what I said.

"Do you not remember me?" she asked and placed her hand on my forehead, then her own, checking the temperature.

I shook my head in negation and shifted a little back from her. If she wasn't a real angel then she could totally be a model on the cover page of Vogue. Her face was so close to me and I felt flustered.

"There are no signs of fever," she mumbled, her expression was full of her anxiety, "do you not know who I am?"

"No," I answered.

"I am your best friend Beatrice, Alpha Ferdinand's daughter. You are May, beta Ralph's daughter. Do you remember anything?" she asked looking as if she would cry if I said no.

"I don't remember any of this," I said slowly, "is this some kind of joke?"

A tears slipped down from her red cheeks. She pulled me in a hug.

"I am so sorry," she said sobbing, "I failed to protect you, it's all because of me." Her arms tightened around me and she buried her head in my shoulder. "You didn't have to take an attack to save me. I should have known that only your body had healed not your mind. They had come again and I was worried that they might take me so I fled with you. I am so sorry- so sorry May, it's all because of me."

"Wait, wait a minute," I said dumbfounded. "Can you slap me?" I asked pinching my thighs to get out of the bizarre dream.

She looked petrified at my request her pale skin turned paler than a ghost. "What!" she stuttered, "are you asking?"

"Oh, come on just do that. I won't blame you," I said, I should probably wake up by that.

"No..never," she replied, her lips quivering.

There was nothing I could do,‌ I had to wake up. With all strength I could muster in my wounded hand, I slapped myself hard.

"What are you doing?" she screamed snatching my hand away.

"Why did I not wake up?" I muttered shocked.

"What has happened to you?" she scorned but the dread on her face was visible.

I shrugged pulling my hand away to try again but her hold tightened.

"Let go," I said trying to free my hand.

"No, you will harm yourself."

"Then you should slap me," I demanded aggressively.

"No, I can't."

"Do it," I said intimidating her, pulling my hand away as her hand loosened in fright.

Closing my eyes, I hurriedly slapped myself. This had to work.

"Three, two, one," I counted as I opened my eyes.

"Damn it," I groaned when I saw the white hair again.

I laid down again closing my eyes ignoring her.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"I am trying to sleep," I said ferociously.

"But you just woke up."

"Shut the hell up," I ordered.

I could hear her sob but I didn't care. I was literally going insane. I stayed like that for what seemed to me like an hour, not a wink of sleep came to my eyes.

Groaning I got up, I might as well listen to her story to sleep.

"Who are you?" I asked again softly.

"Beatrice, your best friend," she replied, her voice shaking.

"Where are we?"

"The pack of the alpha who kidnapped us."

"Who are they and why did they kidnap us?" I asked her, too much affected by her tears. I could recall the what happened yesterday.

"How can you not know this?" she asked half crying looking up at me.

I couldn't understand what was happening so I just said, "Tell me everything. Each and everything, in detail."

Tears fell down like a river, her eyes grew red. She hiccuped in sobs, I pulled her close in pity and wiped her tears. "Just tell me, maybe I will remember if you tell."

She nodded and told in between her sobs, "The shadow prince of Silver Kingdom was looking for his mate in every pack. I was seen as his potential mate but I refused to go and see him. I asked you to come with me to hide in the outer borders. We were waiting for the Crown Prince's men to leave when a rogue wolf attacked. You fought with it for me; you are a true wolf but I am just a coward." Her voice breaks and I pat her back.

I analysed her words but was unable to grasp a hold on the situation. I decided to just act along until I sleep again, then I would surely wake up.

"Don't cry, I am fine," I said as I moved my hand through her silver hair. Crown Prince, running away from mate; this seemed similar. I have read this in many books. I am familiar with this but among so many books, I can't figure out which. If this was a dream in a particular one, which one could it be.

"You are not fine, it's just the numbing potion you applied on yourself. The claw mark on your back, it looked so horrible. You were asleep for the whole night and in the morning we had to run again." Her face was warm and I could feel her tears wetting my shoulder. "I was so scared, your temperature had dropped so much in night. I wouldn't have ever forgiven myself if anything had happened to you."

"It's okay, don't cry."

Where was that fearless girl that I had seen yesterday? I was so much influenced by her words that for a moment I stopped thinking about the situation I was in.

Maybe the people who look strong all the time are also weak. They just don't cry in front of their enemies to show their weaknesses. I was regretting how I smiled shamelessly yesterday but I knew it wasn't my fault.

I wiped her tears again and we both looked at at each other without saying anything. As I consoled her I wondered what was happening, this didn't seem like a dream, it was too vivid and painful to be that.

"You are strong," I said, feeling sorry for what I did before and her expression softened. I was about to say further but that was when someone opened the door.

_____________________

Me(when the next chapter wasn't published) -Who could be that person?

People reading later-😏

Tell me what you think in comments.

Don't forget to vote.