Way back and way out

"It all started when I read old records from the people who could see visions before," she said getting up and moving towards a drawer. I leaned back to watch her as she took out a book.

"What is it?" I asked.

"The records, it's the only thing I never leave alone lest something wrong happens," she said as she showed me and old rugged book with yellow pages and a black leather cover. It had a chain tied around it and in between was a lock.

"Can I look at it?" I asked leaning closer, my face near hers.

"It's locked anyway," she said handing it over and sitting next to me again.

"It actually contains records of your world, it's like our world were connected before," she said as I touched the rough surface of the book. "It's in your language and the other book to learn your language is only available to royals."

"Does Arthur know of this?" I asked, this book was just like some magic if this helped Beatrice bring me here.

"No, princes usually focus more on physical strength and administration while princesses are dolled up and taught etiquette. Arthur was never the scholarly one to look into these books. It's a legacy of those who had my powers. It wasn't something that was taught but just passed on. Though I had some powers but I was still excepted to learn "how to become a perfect lady". It was a book kept in glass case, left in a corner as it was hard to decipher.

"You are way too perfect," I said. She seemed like a Mary Sue, this was her real world and her life, though to me everything looked like a story. It would have been perfect if she would have been able to change Cedric just like it happened in all books.

"It's something I did to escape etiquette classes, hiding in the corner of the library," she said with her lips curled in delight at some old nostalgia.

"Must have been hard for you. Last time I tried to be graceful, I almost broke my nose," I said, reminiscing the awful ceremony.

"Well, aren't we alike?" she said with a chuckle.

"I guess not," I said pondering, we were way too different. "So can you go back there or return? Can you take me with you?" I asked optimistically, if possible I would love to go back even if for a short time though she had previously told that it wasn't possible.

"Your soul needs to leave your body to enter that and there is no wolf in this body of yours to keep it breathing. I can't risk losing you. It's not something that happens by chanting a spelling and moving a wand. I can't do it again," she said putting her hand on my shoulder.
"I am not lying."

"It's okay," I said putting her hand off.
"For how long have you known my world?"

"Not long, but there were records of souls entering different worlds after death and I started looking more into it. That's how I got to see your world and you."

"Weren't you scared of death?" I asked. If going was risky for me then it was for her too, provided she wasn't lying again.

"At that time I had chosen death as my fate. Despite my efforts a war was still happening. There were casualties on both sides. I had hidden, away from everyone yet I felt like my death was approaching as I heard more about the war but then Frederic was born. A life which shouldn't have existed. It was like the chain of death was broken by a new life. It gave me hope. Even now Arthur has other Alphas on his side who weren't before. There isn't going to be a full fledged war but only the castle will be captured by attack."

"I am not like you, I am scared of death. Deceiving Arthur is wrong. Isn't there something you can do?" I said looking at her with my eyes wide, full of hope. I didn't love Arthur nor was I interested in putting up an act for my whole life. Deceit can never bring happiness, I know it.

"There's no way," she said looking at me in the eyes with a desperation in her voice. "Arthur is the only person who can rule. Without a mate he will be considered cursed and unfit to be the ruler. This was the reason he brought you. You know there's no way out."

"I am trapped," I mumbled under my breath sighing. The last line almost seemed like a threat but I didn't want to live the life of a puppet, a glass doll kept for show. Arthur won't let me leave for he thinks that I am his real mate. "It's okay, I am just too nervous. Will everything be alright?"

"I am by your side. I will make you the perfect Queen," she said caressing my face with a finger with a smile on her face. I felt a chilly feeling creep up on me as I gulped. They both are too alike.

"You scare me sometimes," I said slightly shifting in my chair.

"Well you have to get used to it. I will be around for pretty much your entire lifetime and that's going to be long," she said.

"If that lifetime isn't cut short by your brother killing me when he discovers the truth," I said jokingly. The way Arthur acted was only because he thought I was his mate, he didn't love me and neither did I. Everything would be based on a lie.

"If that ever happens I will do everything to save you. My life will be after yours, I promise," she said with a determined look.

"Let's wish that never happens," I said leaning my head back on the chair, tired from doing nothing but chatting. I hope she meant what she promised.

"I hope we get what we wish for."

"What exactly happens in the ceremony?" I asked as it crossed my mind. A public speech and declaration was already done but Arthur had already said that he will wait for his revenge to complete the ceremony.

"Ah right," she said facing me. "The complete ceremony wasn't done before. It's a wedding that takes place at night in presence of the full moon, at the holy shrine of the moon goddesses. Arthur will truly receive his position after wearing the monarch's crown."

"Ummm, do werewolves divorce? I mean get separated after marriage," I asked. Maybe I could still escape by leaving and going far away.

"Arthur won't treat you wrong. He can do anything to protect you once you become a part of our family," she said. She was being sincere and I knew Arthur wasn't that bad but it was me who would be deceiving him.

"Don't get me wrong. It's just that-"
I took a deep breath in, trying to control myself. It was a second chance to life, a rich and lavish one with a golden spoon but was it what I truly wanted? A relationship full of lies and deceit.
"I just don't know," I said covering my face with my hands. Nothing was in my control and I was nervous. I was thrown into a chaos, I just couldn't escape.

"It's going to be okay," she whispered and took my hands in her own. "Isn't this the like a fairytale?"

"Wasn't yours like a fairytale too?"

___________________________________

😅 Sorry for the late update.
Thanks for reading. I know I should say something...

So how is the story so far?
I just wanted to write something different. I hope guys found it so.

Any guesses on the ending?