Winner and Losers

Black eyes, black hair and a black future. As I looked into the mirror accepting the fact that this world was going to be my life, I wasn't sad or happy or hurt; I was just numb. I knew what was going to happen but I didn't know if I wanted this.

A fated love. A thought so beautiful, it lights the dingy dark crevices of hopelessness in hearts. I know I have always wanted it. Scared of not finding love because of the way I looked. It consumed my head in sleepless nights and skipped diets, I wanted to escape. I don't how many times I had wished to be in another world, a utopia of love where someone accepts you no matter what you are because it's destiny.

Reading was an escape.

Books with the same plots,characters, conflicts and endings. Still, I kept reading them, kept escaping from the reality, from me and what I really was. Now that I was someone else, I wanted to find who I was.

It was my wish, wasn't it?

Did the moon listen to my wish? I don't know.

Arthur didn't love me. I knew it. He started treating me different suddenly after he got to know I was his mate. What if he got know I wasn't his mate? Would he love me? I don't think so.

Alex, did he love me or was it the fated bond of the bodies which attracted him. How he couldn't help but feel it, a fated love despite everything. Did he love me? What if he knew I was the one who took place of his original mate?

A fated love that binds and hurts you. How pathetic. I was so pathetic.

If Estelle didn't believe in this love would she have been alright?

Thud. Thud. Thud.

The door vibrated from the heavy impact of hands on it. Unlocking it I saw Estelle with the her widest smile I had ever seen. She stumbled and held me, her hands covering my wrists she was looking in my eyes. She was beautiful with that smile on.

"Arthur is coming back. He has won," she said with joy, her eyes gleaming of freedom.

"Okay." I nodded. "When will he come?"

"The messenger came before him at dawn. He will be here in any moment. I just got know it."

I just looked at her, I didn't know what to say. She felt alive after a long time. Her hair not completely arranged, a loose dress worn in a hurry, plump lips parted into a sweet divide. I couldn't feel happy for me but I felt happy for her.

"I would have woken up earlier to get you ready. I should have known this earlier. Look at yourself," she said running her fingers through my hair. "I will have to change you. You should stand out. You will be the Queen."

She lightly pushed my shoulders and dragged me to mirror. "I am not natural at it but years of my experience will definitely help."

Moving around the room she stopped in front of the wardrobe, proceeding to check each and every drawer collecting accessories.

"Do you like this one?" she asked showing a ruby earring in her hand. "Maybe we should take the black one?"

"Black one," I said. I might as well enjoy this I thought putting on a ring.

"Oh, you have this!"

"What?" I asked leaning back. A crown like transparent structure was in her hands. It looked like it was made of glass.

"It's a replica of the monarch's crown," she said putting the heavy structure on me head.

"It's really beautiful," I said touching it with my hands. "Why is it called the monarch's crown?"

"The original monarch's crown is the crown of the ruler, the true monarch," she taking it off and giving it too me.

"I guess the original May was quite ambitious," I said observing the glass crown.

Beatrice chuckled and said, "She must have been curious about the monarch's myth like me.

"What is that?" I asked as I took the purple dress she had taken out.

"When Arthur will be take the oath in front of the moon as the witness. He will be given this crown. When the first Alpha wore this crown the moonlight surrounded the entire area almost lighting up in a white light. The last record of this happening was about two hundred years ago. There is no regular mention of this happening and no one alive has seen it so it's considered as a myth."

"What if it was because the ruler could have been someone else and not the one throned?" I asked.

"Who knows," she said taking out another necklace. "Now go and wear that."

The thought lingered in my mind as I got ready. She was tying my hair when I could hear some drum beats.

"Come on, let's go," she said arranging my hair at the front.

We both head to the balcony where other people from my family were standing and watching. Ignoring everyone Estelle took me to the edge where I saw Arthur and his men marching in displaying their power and solidifying their victory from the shouts.

"Should we head downstairs?" I asked as he entered in.

"No, he will surely meet the Alpha first," she said turning back.

"What was the point of this?" I whispered following her.

Before I could answer I saw Arthur coming towards us.

"I knew you would win," Estelle said they both hugged eachother.

"Even I did, but only some people didn't believe me," he said moving back looking towards me.

I stood motionless, knowing pretty well what he meant. "It's great to see you," I said with an obvious fake smile.

"Well, now you'll have to keep seeing me because I am here to take my queen and my sister back to the capital, where we belong."

I simply nodded but that was when he got on his knees. I could feel all the eyes darted on me and whispers among the workers. The Alpha was walking towards us.

"I am here to take my mate and my queen May," he declared.

The Alpha stopped in his tracks. I could feel my pulse buzzing from all the attention. I didn't want a commotion. My hands felt cold and sweaty.

"Will you hold my hand?" he asked.

"Yes," I whispered taking his hand.

_____________________________________

I hate school...

Would love to know what you think.

Don't forget to vote.